• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

kalufsen

Reaction score
Heh I'm not sure I follow, how does lining make them LESS hot?
Well I didn't sayining makes them less hot, at least I didn't mean to say that ?
But it makes them more comfortable / the itching more bearable...
And honestly, it's not such a big deal. I have some old woolen pants in the theatre as a part of a costume, these itch big time, and even these are like "first 10 mins" then I forget about it completely...

Edit: I might have mystified you guys, my trousers are actually Dugdale flannels, not VBC... Sorry for the confusion...
Lining will make the trouser feel colder outside during the winter since you´re not in direct contact with the wool but rather the lining. Being inside though, its hotter.

fox81

Reaction score
When did you send it? Maybe I should contact the Indian customs.

12 December, but sending out before Christmas is always problematic. It took 10 days to leave the country.
Mine is still tracking though. If yours isnt tracking, its going to be hard to "track" down.

AkCoco

Reaction score
Hello,

Looking to order a pair of trousers for the Scandinavian winter and the cold that goes along with it. Looking for a heavy beige fabric similar to the ever so popular Natalino cotton trousers: https://natalino.co/products/double-pleat-trouser-cream-cotton?variant=30252618154043

Any fabric suggestions? This would be my first pair from Luxire and I find myself a bit lost in the sea of options regarding both fabrics and customisations.

aj805

Reaction score
I find this, which could be the same fabric:

Luxire can source Brisbane Moss fabrics (with some lead time), so you might review BM's site and send an inquiry to Luxire about getting the exact product you're interested in.

AkCoco

Reaction score
I find this, which could be the same fabric:

Luxire can source Brisbane Moss fabrics (with some lead time), so you might review BM's site and send an inquiry to Luxire about getting the exact product you're interested in.
Thank you for the advice! An email has been sent to their customer service.

JIMB

Reaction score
First part of my BF order arrived a couple of days ago. This is my 9th order from lux and the first one with issues regarding the items. In short the navy pique was supposed to be made as a LS polo, but were made as a shirt. The navy chino is supposedly 100 % cotton, but has stretch. Both issues were nicely solved by CS and I look forward to ordering from lux again. View attachment 1310413
Is the the cotton-linen wide stripes? Let me know how it wears after a few washes. Curiously, the fabric looks different on the luxire site now than it used to, maybe you got the last of the actually wide stripes.

Mr Stevens

Reaction score
Received my BF orders quite quickly (one even before Christmas).
Two pairs of cords fit near perfect. The cloth is not as nice as the Brisbane Moss I got a couple years back, but the execution was essentially flawless.
After 11 previous orders from Luxire, the shirts I ordered represent the first disappointing experience I've had (though it is largely my fault). I did the buy 2 get 1 Oxford, and the cloths were all quite nice. For two of them I modified the collar slightly from the Kamakura version. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but it switched to a custom collar (perhaps, I clicked something wrong?). Ended up that the collars came not as button downs (detail lost when it switched to custom?), so I'll need to ship them back to Luxire to have buttons/holes added. Not a huge deal, but I guess I'm out another $35 to ship them back.
For the third shirt, I chose a "Work Shirt". I swapped the collar to NOBD-2, and again some features must have been lost. When I clicked on Additional Features, I chose the work shirt pockets (don't know why they're not selected there by default), but somehow when you click this, it unchecks the triple stitching. This is still the case on the website, so be careful if you are looking to order something similar (i.e. make sure nothing was unselected if you modify any features). Also, the work shirt gusset is not exactly what I expected (see spoiler below). I assumed it meant the chainstitch runoff threads (not a slightly frayed patch). Also, I had assumed the stitching would be white (or somehow contrast) like shown in all of Luxire's pictures here and on their website, but they chose to use a matching blue, which renders them largely invisible. I was informed that I should have provided example images, but I just assumed they would use similar stitching to all of their work shirt examples. I should have caught these things in the confirmation email, but I missed it among the text and html tags.

In short, all of these things are my fault - I suppose, I should have caught them in the confirmation email and known to send them an example of a work shirt. I thought I'd let folks here know anyway in case anyone is looking to order a work shirt and doesn't notice that a bunch of features have been changed when they modify another feature of the style. At this point, I don't really see myself wearing the "work shirt", which is a shame since the cloth is pretty nice. All told, it will end up being ~$265 for two shirts. Not terrible, but not quite the deal I was excited about in November.

What I assumed a "work shirt gusset" meant:

Vadim T

Reaction score
Ah cool, thanks! So yours is "Green 1983"? Is the cloth too heavy for you to recommend generally, or just don't get with too low a rise?
Green 982
The photo on the site incorrectly conveys color.

This fabric would be perfect for a jacket.
But I can recommend it for trousers, but only trousers with a loose fit and a high rise, not slim fit.
I took a sample of needlecord trousers Zegna Sport low rise and medium weight they held well at the waist, GS20 trousers fall by their own weight, you need to tighten the belt, and it's not comfortable.
Sorry for my English, I hope you understand me.

bm.jpg

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my BF orders quite quickly (one even before Christmas).
Two pairs of cords fit near perfect. The cloth is not as nice as the Brisbane Moss I got a couple years back, but the execution was essentially flawless.
After 11 previous orders from Luxire, the shirts I ordered represent the first disappointing experience I've had (though it is largely my fault). I did the buy 2 get 1 Oxford, and the cloths were all quite nice. For two of them I modified the collar slightly from the Kamakura version. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but it switched to a custom collar (perhaps, I clicked something wrong?). Ended up that the collars came not as button downs (detail lost when it switched to custom?), so I'll need to ship them back to Luxire to have buttons/holes added. Not a huge deal, but I guess I'm out another $35 to ship them back.
For the third shirt, I chose a "Work Shirt". I swapped the collar to NOBD-2, and again some features must have been lost. When I clicked on Additional Features, I chose the work shirt pockets (don't know why they're not selected there by default), but somehow when you click this, it unchecks the triple stitching. This is still the case on the website, so be careful if you are looking to order something similar (i.e. make sure nothing was unselected if you modify any features). Also, the work shirt gusset is not exactly what I expected (see spoiler below). I assumed it meant the chainstitch runoff threads (not a slightly frayed patch). Also, I had assumed the stitching would be white (or somehow contrast) like shown in all of Luxire's pictures here and on their website, but they chose to use a matching blue, which renders them largely invisible. I was informed that I should have provided example images, but I just assumed they would use similar stitching to all of their work shirt examples. I should have caught these things in the confirmation email, but I missed it among the text and html tags.

In short, all of these things are my fault - I suppose, I should have caught them in the confirmation email and known to send them an example of a work shirt. I thought I'd let folks here know anyway in case anyone is looking to order a work shirt and doesn't notice that a bunch of features have been changed when they modify another feature of the style. At this point, I don't really see myself wearing the "work shirt", which is a shame since the cloth is pretty nice. All told, it will end up being ~$265 for two shirts. Not terrible, but not quite the deal I was excited about in November.
View attachment 1314196 View attachment 1314197

What I assumed a "work shirt gusset" meant:
View attachment 1314199
I always chose custom and leave the message "See separate email for details" in the notes. Then I email them my specific details. Has worked every time for several years.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads