• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

emptym

Reaction score
I'm glad the fabric pics were helpful guys. Sorry I didn't get a chance to check out white fabrics before leaving. If there's a white version of that Albini oxford, it would probably be a great choice. My personal favorite white fabric is an Indian-made fabric from an old MyTailor shirt. A very similar one was on the swatch page of one of the white G&R fabrics on sale for Black Friday. Of course, it's probably twice the price of the MyTailor Indian-made one. So it'd be great if Luxire could find MT's original Indian source. I'll post a closeup of it.

For now though, here's a few more shots from my trip:

The pattern master basting the jacket:

Basted fitting of back:

And front:

The back looked good to me, but was cleaned up a bit. The front shows that the collar was about 2" too long. It was removed and remade. That made it and the lapels look much better in a later fitting, which I unfortunately forgot to take pics of. But I'll post more when the jacket is finished and sent.

Hand staining the edges of those brown loafers.

Unposed shot of the loafers w/ Luxire linen shirt and the finished hemp jeans.

Jeans closeup:

The hemp denim is really beautiful irl. I tried to buy some more today, but it was sold out. Hopefully they'll restock.

I really enjoyed my stay in Bangalore and hope to come back w/ my wife. My deep thanks to Ashish, his family, and the Luxire crew for their warm and generous hospitality!

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you guys pronounce "Luxire?"
I believe we already went over that earlier (not saying you should have seen it - it's an active thread).

Lucks and emp(ire)

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe we already went over that earlier (not saying you should have seen it - it's an active thread).

Lucks and emp(ire)

My apologies. I did try and search for it but couldn't find it. That's how I have been saying it.

Also emptym, great photos. I love your guys' business model. And I'm sure that linen shirt works wonders in the blistering Indian heat. I am looking forward to placing my first order but am apprehensive about sizing. I have a pair of M2M pants that fit perfectly, and I will probably try to replicate that fit. Anyone have any experience with these?

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but that was before the accent was added to the "E". Now the pronunciation has again been thrown into turmoil.

This is exactly why I asked. I saw the accent on one of their (many) logos and thought it may be pronounced "luxury."

variancelog

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the 14oz Dugdale Twill Flannels? I ordered a pair of these trousers during the sale and am wondering now if they'll be to warm to wear in the office throughout the day. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The NJ office is closed till the 4th of January 2015. Please do not send any packets to that address from now till the mentioned date.

Landscape

Reaction score
Anyone know approximate turnaround time for pants? Just wondering if I'll get my pants and shirt before Christmas.

fluppi

Reaction score
AW: Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 
Anyone know approximate turnaround time for pants? Just wondering if I'll get my pants and shirt before Christmas.
Ordered a pant on the 03. dec. shipping has been confirmed today. 6 days is realy fast and a great service. With dhl express the pant should arrive within this week. Thank you Luxire.

Landscape

Reaction score
Yeah, guess so - my order is from mid-November so perhaps they'll get here before Christmas if I'm lucky (not that I mind the wait time if it takes up to 5 weeks, just hope they'll get here before the holidays).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads