• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

ChandlerBing12

Reaction score
Is that Luxire standard button-down collar or you specified your own measurements?
Standard BD collar. I specified that I wanted a causal collar roll in the comments section, but I don't know if this really made a difference. Also I probably should have specified that the shirt material is the classic grey oxford.

p.henrik

Reaction score

Looks pretty good, possibly too tall. Does anyone have irl pics of either that, a luxire copy or something similar?

Thanks

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Indeed, a very nice collar.  Order #?

Nice, I really like that collar! Do you mind sharing the order number and fabric used?

Thanks guys. Order # is 8116 and the fabric was Business-Shirt White With Blue Dress Stripes. The name doesn't quite roll off the tongue, but it's a really great fabric, especially at the price point.

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
I'm thinking of some summer weight trousers for Sydney. One option would be the Minnis Fresco, but I'm thinking about maybe one of the Dugdale 120s/130s 9 oz (I do understand that the super numbers aren't everything). If the Dugdale's were smooth enough, I might be able to get them unlined. The other consideration is that that the fresco weave may have a better texture for casual wear and be longer lasting, but it's hard to say, as a smoother cloth can abrade less in the fork, where I wear out all my trousers. Does anybody have some suggestions? Cheers.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm thinking of some summer weight trousers for Sydney. One option would be the Minnis Fresco, but I'm thinking about maybe one of the Dugdale 120s/130s 9 oz (I do understand that the super numbers aren't everything). If the Dugdale's were smooth enough, I might be able to get them unlined. The other consideration is that that the fresco weave may have a better texture for casual wear and be longer lasting, but it's hard to say, as a smoother cloth can abrade less in the fork, where I wear out all my trousers. Does anybody have some suggestions? Cheers.

My vote is Fresco all the way. The texture is really great, but from a distance they just look like like plain trousers for the most part and are definitely suitable for business environments. I don't ever wear my Fresco casually, it's just for the office or when I need to get dressed up for something.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crappy picture of the #1738 collar

GrensonMan

Reaction score
Can someone provide pictures of their Dugdale pants so I can get an idea of the smoothness of the fabric? I'm wondering if it's suitable for a Texas Summer/early Fall.

xizenta

Reaction score
NYONE ELSE share my thoughts/issues with most collars?

Does Luxire scale the length of collar points and other details with the size of the collar you order?

My huge pet peeve is when the collar doubles back outward near the band, rather than always panning further and further outward toward the points.
If I ask for a NOBD 2 collar with bigger points will it solve this issue?

I have a 17" neck. I'm afraid that the larger your neck is, the smaller the points will look and the less likely they will be to get the lines that I am looking for.

This is the image I want for the front, which is similar to the NOBD 2 collar, I guess:

But, the NOBD 2 collar has this ugly feature where the band area comes out further from the neck than this one area about an inch in from the points:

So has anyone ordered the NOBD 2 with 9 cm points?

also, anyone have thoughts about the various white fabrics the website has to offer?

Last edited:

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always wondered also - if I reference a collar number, but the guy implemented measurements for his 15" neck, would Luxire adjust the collar measurements proportionally for my 16,5"-17" neck? Otherwise, proportions would look off and collar would look anorexic.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member