• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Wrinkle free white fabric for shirts" - Like some of the other members, I find the lustrous fine white to be a bit too wrinkly. Any other suggestions? While we are at it, any suggestions for a similar wrinkle free fabric in a light blue color?

If you are in a cooler climate the plain white oxford cloth is worth a look at, nice material, no where near as wrinkly as the LFW and comparatively cheap.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody has any experience with the "duck canvas" vs the "Brisbane Moss Canvas"? They both seem to about the same weight - are these basically the same kind of fabric? Any differences?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chocolate duck canvas trousers, single pleated, extended waistband. They're very comfortable for duck canvas, and the weave is open, so they don't wear too hot. The trousers are very well made and fit perfectly. I'm thinking about increasing the front rise from 11.5" to 12" or even 12.5" for my next order. I forgot to specify side adjusters, and Luxire generously offered to send them with my next order!

Last edited:

NeedForTweed123

Reaction score
What exactly is linen chambray? I assume it's just linen that is woven to look like chambray because I always thought chambray was a cotton fabric?

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
from what I understand chambray is simply an end on end weave fabric with a certain textile finishing.

WorldWideWafflz

Reaction score
They're both plain woven with a white warp and dyed weft but end on end is typically finer. Though not entirely accurate, it's easy to think of chambray as like denim but in a plain weave while most fabrics described as end on end are much like poplin or cotton broadcloth but with the white and color warp and weft.

liamdye

Reaction score
Just wondered what the correct terminology is to see if I can get a slightly different collar point on my next Luxire shirt. I don't mind the length of the collar point, but would like it under my jacket. Would this mean increasing the spread a bit or just the length? (In future I think I'm also going to experiment a bit with wider spreads like English or cutaways).

Also I've been pretty happy with my Luxire shirt except some of this front wrinkling, although it's already fairly snug around my waist. I saw previously about some people specifying the front and rear waist measurements separately to reduce the amount of billow/excess fabric in the back of the shirt. Any recommendations for the next round?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

wqvong

Reaction score

Anybody has any experience with the "duck canvas" vs the "Brisbane Moss Canvas"? They both seem to about the same weight - are these basically the same kind of fabric? Any differences?

Thanks.

Brisbane is more refined and a little lighter than duck canvas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics