• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had a conversation with them about this actually. Their default used to be fused everything, if I remember correctly. They got enough requests to change it that the new default is unfused, I believe.

I dislike fused anything after I got a few unfused shirts now. I will never ever go back.. 

So the fine white shirt I got was unfused?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had a conversation with them about this actually. Their default used to be fused everything, if I remember correctly. They got enough requests to change it that the new default is unfused, I believe.

I dislike fused anything after I got a few unfused shirts now. I will never ever go back.. 

Yeah, I don't like fused cuffs, feels very artificial.

Same here. I never even knew about fusing in shirts until I started wearing Luxire. Now that all my recent shirts have unfused collars and cuffs, I'll never go back to fused.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, serious question here. I'm very interesed in ordering from Luxire. I may have missed this because I haven't been able to read every single page of this thread, but while there's a lot about customer service and the quality of the product on the website, I haven't found anything about working conditions and ethics. I would prefer to order from companies who pay their workers properly and have working conditions that at least conform to national laws and preferably ILO-recognised standards. So, @luxire , can you assure me that the people who would make my shirts are properly paid and their working conditions are good? I very much look forward to a positive response!

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Spread and other formal collars are fused by default.

Button-down and other casual collars are unfused by default. Unfused collars are made unlined in heavier fabrics while we add a light cotton interlining if the shell fabric is of a lighter weight.

If the collars are fused, cuffs are fused too and vice versa, but can be requested to be made otherwise.

The fused collars used to be really heavy stiff earlier on. Most of our customers would complain about the same. We have now made them comparatively lighter.

Collars and cuffs can be ordered to be made fused or unfused with light, medium or heavy interlining. They can also be requested to be made unlined.

A good page to read about Fused and unfused collars.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Okay, serious question here. I'm very interesed in ordering from Luxire. I may have missed this because I haven't been able to read every single page of this thread, but while there's a lot about customer service and the quality of the product on the website, I haven't found anything about working conditions and ethics. I would prefer to order from companies who pay their workers properly and have working conditions that at least conform to national laws and preferably ILO-recognised standards. So, @luxire , can you assure me that the people who would make my shirts are properly paid and their working conditions are good? I very much look forward to a positive response!

I am not sure what kind of assurance you are looking for, but, I would certainly like to invite willing members to visit our facility and assure us all.

Our team includes members whom are from America, a couple of Europeans and ofcourse Indians. We all work and operate in the same environment, on the same work floor just doing our separate tasks.

From the way I see it:
1. Quality cannot be produced consistently in an environment that is not healthy.
2. The clothing industry in India is highly competitive. There is a scarcity of quality work-force. The workers thus are in a position to choose. A bad work environment cannot survive.
3. Regulations in India are now very worker friendly. As long as a company operates within the prescribed laws, they will meet norms with ease.
4. We have a close to zero attrition rate.
5. Our workers work without stress, something that most norms do not cover. There is no pressure to meet minimum quantity guidelines. There is just one focus, highest quality.
6. We surpass the most stringent of international norms by a distance.

We are proud the work environment we have. Coming from investment banking and IT backgrounds, we tried creating a workplace that we were used to.

If anyone is planning to visit Banagalore, do include us in your plans. You can interact with our multicultural team, browse through our vast collection of fabrics and also experience true bespoke.

lukejackson

Reaction score
Guys,

I have a query. I'll make my first Luxire order shortly, a pair of linen trousers I'm thinking. However, I am not 100% happy with the fit of any trousers I currently own.

Is it possible to, for example, alter the measurements of my best fitting pair and combine elements of others? For example, my best fitting pair are a 'trendy' contemporary rise, and a bit too low for my liking. Is it possible to use the rise measurement from a slightly higher rise pair etc? I am guessing this will not produce optimum results, but if I also provide my own body measurements etc. and details, I'm assuming I can tweak measurements in later orders.

Also, how bad is it to take measurements from a pair of jeans for trousers? (to supplement my measurements from my best fitting pair of trousers).

Last edited:

zeBanker

Reaction score
I got some nice pair of Luxire Chinos in some really nice quality. Everything sticks to the measurements, really nice. I just gained some pounds over the holidays and havn't lost them yet, so I can't present some pics of them right now :D I'll get thinner myself or the pants altered and post them afterwards. Further I didn't have time yet to take pics of the RTW shirts. Just in general: they are quite nice, but not too thin though being slim fit.

scrolls

Reaction score
Guys,

I have a query. I'll make my first Luxire order shortly, a pair of linen trousers I'm thinking. However, I am not 100% happy with the fit of any trousers I currently own.

Is it possible to, for example, alter the measurements of my best fitting pair and combine elements of others? For example, my best fitting pair are a 'trendy' contemporary rise, and a bit too low for my liking. Is it possible to use the rise measurement from a slightly higher rise pair etc? I am guessing this will not produce optimum results, but if I also provide my own body measurements etc. and details, I'm assuming I can tweak measurements in later orders.

Also, how bad is it to take measurements from a pair of jeans for trousers? (to supplement my measurements from my best fitting pair of trousers).

For my first pair of Luxire pants I took measurements from two pairs of chinos and one pair of jeans and essentially averaged every measurement. Made slight adjustments where necessary but it worked out really well and was easily my best fitting pair of pants.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have this made up with the barba button down collar. Really nice fabric - not as thick as I expected, which probably suits the Australian climate. I'd recommend it. 
Would be great to see a picture of the make up, if you don't mind posting.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
http://custom.luxire.com/products/pale-pink-classic-oxford

The more I look at this pale pink the more a fan I am. Anyone have this fabric?

I do, but the only photo I can find of me wearing it is with a 3pc suit, so you can't really see much of the fabric. For what it's worth, the photo's here. My review is up on their site too (under the name HF); I dig the fabric a lot.

Spread and other formal collars are fused by default.

Button-down and other casual collars are unfused by default. Unfused collars are made unlined in heavier fabrics while we add a light cotton interlining if the shell fabric is of a lighter weight.

If the collars are fused, cuffs are fused too and vice versa, but can be requested to be made otherwise.

The fused collars used to be really heavy stiff earlier on. Most of our customers would complain about the same. We have now made them comparatively lighter.

Collars and cuffs can be ordered to be made fused or unfused with light, medium or heavy interlining. They can also be requested to be made unlined.

Having had many fused & unfused shirts over the years, I think Luxire have found a nice default balance regarding this, as I find a light fusing is much easier to iron quickly & neatly than unfused and the feel is very similar to unfused anyway.

There is something to be said for a stiffer shirt sometimes though, esp. with a more formal shirt (as in either for black tie, or more generally with french cuff business shirts). I only have a few french cuff shirts from Luxire as I typically wear button cuffs, but as & when I order more FC shirts, I'll probably specificy a stiffer collar & cuffs; I rather like how that combination feels in that context.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads