• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Garasaki

Reaction score
I'm considering moleskin pants in brown or light beige. Anyone have "real" pics of either color? I'm weary of luxire's pics. It wouldn't take much difference from the pic to be a color that isn't as versatile for me.

Any other thoughts on moleskin from luxire or any other winter weight fabrics would be appreciated.

mimogger

Reaction score
What kind of conversions did you guys do going from body measurements to peacoat measurements (as in, add an inch anywhere or whatever)? Also, did anyone get theirs yet / have fit pics to go along with it?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Have the "first five" orders been placed or can someone still get in?

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm considering moleskin pants in brown or light beige. Anyone have "real" pics of either color? I'm weary of luxire's pics. It wouldn't take much difference from the pic to be a color that isn't as versatile for me.

Any other thoughts on moleskin from luxire or any other winter weight fabrics would be appreciated.

I'm interested in the moleskin too, and almost made that my first order of trousers, but didn't want to spend that much on a Dugdale moleskin yet for my first pair. I'm curious if anyone else got them, I hear that they're good for winter.

What kind of conversions did you guys do going from body measurements to peacoat measurements (as in, add an inch anywhere or whatever)?  Also, did anyone get theirs yet / have fit pics to go along with it?  

If I were you, I'd really try to get a peacoat to try on, measure, and adjust it accordingly - adding and subtracting wherever you need. Even if it fits really badly, I think it would be better than trying body measurements. If push comes to shove and you don't own one already, I hesitate to recommend this but you could just buy one, do the measurements then return it.

mimogger

Reaction score
If I were you, I'd really try to get a peacoat to try on, measure, and adjust it accordingly - adding and subtracting wherever you need. Even if it fits really badly, I think it would be better than trying body measurements. If push comes to shove and you don't own one already, I hesitate to recommend this but you could just buy one, do the measurements then return it.
I used to own a sterlingwear... i think 38 short. I'm not sure how all the measurements line up. http://www.sterlingwear.com/cart/index.php?p=page&page_id=size_chart I remember it being fairly boxy and could shave off a few inches in the waist, but i'm not sure if it would even look okay.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the measurements differ from those charts, just a warning. And sometimes they don't have all of them.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got this email from luxire about the peacoat measurements:

Use body measurements and add the following to it:

Chest, waist, bottom: + 8.00 inches to full/rounded measurement. +4.00" to half/flat measurement
Biceps: + 8.00 inches to full/rounded measurement. +4.00" to half/flat measurement
Cuffs: + 6.00 inches to full/rounded measurement. +3.00" to half/flat measurement

Yoke will be measured same way as the shirts. Adding 1.0" to may be a good idea for some more movement of the arms.
Sleeves should end about an inch below the cuff joint. Measure about an inch smaller than shirt sleeves.

Will try and explain the way to go about it. (All numbers are in inches)

Talking about the chest:
Suppose, the body measurement for the chest is 42.00
The flat/half coat measurement for a skin tight fit will be 22.00 (44.00), taking into account the thickness of the fabric and lining etc.

Now, we do not want a skin tight peacoat. We need to add room for the shirt, the sweater or jumper or any other clothing we may be layering inside.
We also need some more room inside so that there may be some amount of air circulation and we do not feel suffocated or are not uncomfortable wearing the coat walking out from a restaurant after a heavy meal.

If you need to err, err my making it bigger, not smaller.

luxire

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A lot of queries on peacoat measurements. We have thus added a standard size chart:

For garments like these, if the fit is good on the shoulders and sleeve length is right, it will look nice even if there is a bit of room in the body/sleeves.

Also, if you have sloping shoulders, it should be mentioned in the notes. Gives a much more elegant fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads