• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread

Akoa

Reaction score
Is your Cyber Monday going to be like your Black Friday doorbuster where it is only open for a few hours?

How does one purchase the home trial $100 for jackets & suits? What costs does it cover?

It says 20% off on Luxire home page but the discount code doesn't work yet. The banner doesn't say anything about any exceptions. Please confirm that it is still OK to combine shipping with previous orders from friday @luxire

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

Reaction score
Am glad you asked.

Rugby flannel was supposed to be a big part of our offering this holiday season. We have not been able to complete our testing of the product yet.

It is a light weight flannel, 9 oz, 130s. Even though it is 100% wool, it has a bit of stretch on the weft, which is because of the way it has been woven.

In our tests, it has fared very well. Extremely comfortable to wear. The only part we are still working on is durability. In our conversations, the mill stresses on durability and talks about the Rugby name being a reason for that. Our pants and the jacket have held up very well so far but needs a few more cycles for us to begin offering with confidence.

Looks very nice! If the fabrics pass your durability testing, I would definitely be up for a pair of pants in light grey, and perhaps a pair in one of the dark greens.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn, CYBERMONDAY is just like the thanksgiving one, looks like $600 min spend.

@Luxire, any chance of lowering the bar on the 15% off, have three shirts sitting in the cart just off the $300 min.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@Luxire, any chance of lowering the bar on the 15% off, have three shirts sitting in the cart just off the $300 min.

Add in a fabric swatch or three if you need to pad an order by a couple dollars.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The LP Linen is 5.7 oz. Is that heavy enough for a suit to be made from it? Luxire describes it as good for pants or jackets but it seems pretty light.

Which fabric are you looking at? I didn't see any Loro Piana linen options.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't even see those when I placed my last order. If you search for "Loro Piana" on Luxire's website, none of these show up. Oh well, I spent too much money as it is, these will have to wait until next time. My very first pair of Luxire trousers (brown linen) are going on 3+ years with lots of wear, so I'll probably need to find something to replace those soon.

BoomDiggs

Reaction score

I didn't even see those when I placed my last order. If you search for "Loro Piana" on Luxire's website, none of these show up. Oh well, I spent too much money as it is, these will have to wait until next time. My very first pair of Luxire trousers (brown linen) are going on 3+ years with lots of wear, so I'll probably need to find something to replace those soon.

FWIW I just searched for just "loro".

Since you have purchased Linen from Luxire before would you have any advice as to whether you think this particular linen is heavy enough for a suit jacket?

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FWIW I just searched for just "loro".

Since you have purchased Linen from Luxire before would you have any advice as to whether you think this particular linen is heavy enough for a suit jacket?

I see it now, I just didn't scroll past the first page when I searched last time. Luxire actually has a ton of LP fabrics available. I think this would work well for a suit jacket. It will be a very light and airy suit, but if you're getting a linen suit then that should be what you're looking for.

kzhou97

Reaction score

My new Luxire trouser, great hand feel. Just wondering how I can creases/folds at the seat. Also, I noticed that the trouser is a bit awkward just below the front zip, i.e., the fabric is creating a sharp edge instead of a rounder shaped. I am aiming for a classic fit. Any suggestions are appreciated! :)

Kolossaal

Reaction score
First of all, I would email Luxire about it and add these photos, they will help you very well by suggesting improvements.

As far as I can say something about it, maybe the following will help, as they suggested this for my last pair of pants with which I had quite much the same problem:

Decrease back length at waist to create a curve at the back waist line and give a clean fit and increase back rise at crotch and scoop the seat too, what will reduce the tightness at the seat area and decrease fabric wrinkling.

malabar

Reaction score
Hello Luxire

I am interested in ordering a suit. But I see no options. I see options for jacket and pants, no suit however.

I am interested in the VBC fabrics that you have discounted for jackets and Loro Piana fabrics that you have discounted for pants. You can PM me price quote for suit + fitting. What options are there for fittings? I hope to take advantage of your CyberMonday sale, so please let me know before that sale ends.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johanchrhakj