• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loro Piana Walking Shoes - Thoughts/Reviews?

twinpeaks

Reaction score
LP goods are
-of uniform good but not excellent quality
-quite overpriced

plus boots obviously are def not their focus

hence i would only buy at deep discount ,i.e., 60% off minimum

PS; I say this with the experience of being a regular LP customer. I confess that buying their boots never crossed my mind in all these years

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, you might be right considering that they are overpriced .. Being a lurker here for a while, l have spent a lot of time past months on this forum to find out what shoe brand is admired by some senior members, and the names l was finding on every page were- John Lobb, Church, crockett & jones, Gaziano Girlin, Santoni ..

Now, comparing Loro Piana shoes with these would be like comparing apples and oranges, however, Loro Piana has that casual, layback look, that complement with their trousers, sweaters, cardigans .. But l can understand guys spending around 750 USD for shoes want something that is like investment, loro piana shoes IMHO are not that .. l wish l could find them even 30% off price in some normal sizes, however, when l called their outlet in Novara, Italy, all they had were some small sizes like 40,41,42 ( those are like 7, 8) .. Also, lm on ebay.com on daily basis looking for LP shoes, and there is almost nothing to find, except some old worn out Open Walk model ..

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed, picked some up last weekend. No input yet on losing shape, but I guess I'll use shoe trees in 'em every once in a while.

They are hand stitched on the vamp, apparently. What's surprising is how they air super airy, as though they were a sandal. I went with dark blue.
So five years later, what are your thoughts? I've been eying a pair but I've yet to pull the trigger. are they worth it?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So five years later, what are your thoughts? I've been eying a pair but I've yet to pull the trigger. are they worth it?

I still like them, even though I also still think they're grossly priced. More than anything, I've come to dislike the sort of casual clothes they're meant to be worn with.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still like them, even though I also still think they're grossly priced. More than anything, I've come to dislike the sort of casual clothes they're meant to be worn with.
Interesting, what are those kind of clothes to you?
I imagine I’d wear them with tailored casual stuff, like Stòffa trousers and knitwear.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Interesting, what are those kind of clothes to you?
I imagine I’d wear them with tailored casual stuff, like Stòffa trousers and knitwear.

I like Stoffa. I suppose that's the best version of this look.

I mostly mean the sort of casual clothes you find at Brooks Brothers and Loro Piana. Sort of clean chinos, button-up shirt, v-neck sweater with a dressier version of an M-65 field jacket (or a puffer vest). Stoffa somewhat falls into this category, but their clothes are cut in a way that makes them look a bit more interesting -- the others are more anonymous (I suppose, by necessity since they have a larger audience/ market).

I think guys wear this stuff thinking they look like an Italian industrialist, but most just look like a middle aged dad.

There are some guys who legitimately look good in those LP shoes though. I just think it takes a bit of honest self-reflecting whether you're that guy (although that's true with anything, I suppose).

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I mostly mean the sort of casual clothes you find at Brooks Brothers and Loro Piana. Sort of clean chinos, button-up shirt, v-neck sweater with a dressier version of an M-65 field jacket (or a puffer vest). Stoffa somewhat falls into this category, but their clothes are cut in a way that makes them look a bit more interesting -- the others are more anonymous (I suppose, by necessity since they have a larger audience/ market).

I think guys wear this stuff thinking they look like an Italian industrialist, but most just look like a middle aged dad.

There are some guys who legitimately look good in those LP shoes though. I just think it takes a bit of honest self-reflecting whether you're that guy (although that's true with anything, I suppose).
Good point. They (the open walks) look like they could give you very chunky looking feet.

I have to admit I’ve worn most of what you describe plenty of times, albeit hopefully a bit less generic than it comes off in text :lookaround:

I agree the price is ridiculous, but if they hold up over 5-10 years I feel a bit better about it.
I guess I’ll have to go to the store, put them on and take a long hard look in the mirror.

PS. Thanks for bringing Kazuto Yamaki to my attention, some of the best inspiration I’ve seen in a long time.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Good point. They (the open walks) look like they could give you very chunky looking feet.

I have to admit I’ve worn most of what you describe plenty of times, albeit hopefully a bit less generic than it comes off in text :lookaround:

I agree the price is ridiculous, but if they hold up over 5-10 years I feel a bit better about it.
I guess I’ll have to go to the store, put them on and take a long hard look in the mirror.

PS. Thanks for bringing Kazuto Yamaki to my attention, some of the best inspiration I’ve seen in a long time.

If you go to the LP store, go when you're wearing slightly more casual trousers. Like chinos or something. I think they work better with more casual pants than dressy wools.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you go to the LP store, go when you're wearing slightly more casual trousers. Like chinos or something. I think they work better with more casual pants than dressy wools.
Thx. Don’t really see them working with anything dressier than tailored cottons anyway. Weekend shoe for weekend wear.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Agnelli?

Better alternative to the LP shoes might be the Tod's Gommini if you want to look like imitate an industrialist. The retail price on them is high, but available for cheap on ebay.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I went by the local Loro Piana retailer today and tried them on.
I’m a EU 45 and that’s the biggest size they had in. They weren’t as easy to slip into as I would’ve thought, but that should also mean they’ll stay on the feet without much heel slippage.

After walking around in them for a bit I found some obvious pros and cons.
Pros
1. Extremely comfortable and lightweight.
2. Doesn’t look very weird while worn, which I expected.
3. Felt like they give more support than one would expect.

Cons:
1. Price, obviously.
2. Their profile is quite slim, and I have quite wide and flat feet. Comfortwhise I don’t think that will be an issue at all since they’re so soft, but they will most likely lose their shape quite fast, ruining the overall line a bit.
3. I tend to wear down my soles on the outer part of my heels, longtivity of the rubber sole remains unclear.
4. Did I mention price? They’re selling at $847/€683

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So I went by the local Loro Piana retailer today and tried them on.
I’m a EU 45 and that’s the biggest size they had in. They weren’t as easy to slip into as I would’ve thought, but that should also mean they’ll stay on the feet without much heel slippage.

After walking around in them for a bit I found some obvious pros and cons.
Pros
1. Extremely comfortable and lightweight.
2. Doesn’t look very weird while worn, which I expected.
3. Felt like they give more support than one would expect.

Cons:
1. Price, obviously.
2. Their profile is quite slim, and I have quite wide and flat feet. Comfortwhise I don’t think that will be an issue at all since they’re so soft, but they will most likely lose their shape quite fast, ruining the overall line a bit.
3. I tend to wear down my soles on the outer part of my heels, longtivity of the rubber sole remains unclear.
4. Did I mention price? They’re selling at $847/€683

The key is to sprint out of the stores while trying on the shoes, and pray that the comfort, softness, and lack of heel slippage will allow you to outrun the security guards.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The key is to sprint out of the stores while trying on the shoes, and pray that the comfort, softness, and lack of heel slippage will allow you to outrun the security guards.
Ah, of course! I’ll have to stake out a staff change though, they know my face now :sly:

ruzzi

Reaction score
What's the 2019 opinion on theses? Seem to be getting a small cult following:

Thinking of getting a pair of dark navy summer walk to wear in tech business casual setting with chinos and ocbds (on the understanding the look is not classic by any means).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeKirk