• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loro Piana Walking Shoes - Thoughts/Reviews?

twinpeaks

Reaction score
biggrin.gif

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More like the second ones, but in different, better colors. Rich dark blue maybe.

I have plenty of bazillions of EGs and G&Gs now, moving on to stuff more appropriate on the casual end of the spectrum.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The one benefit of aclimation to EG etc is it makes a $600 shoe seem cheap. Those burgundies were OK, brown meh, but I think I'll go with the dark blue.

Would look nice with various linen or cotton pants, and polo shirts.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of LP's goods because the quality is consistently great; however, I find most of its shoes to be ugly.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like em, but few people on SF will.

Maomao also seems to wear them often, and I think he consistently looks great.

The one benefit of aclimation to EG etc is it makes a $600 shoe seem cheap. Those burgundies were OK, brown meh, but I think I'll go with the dark blue.

Would look nice with various linen or cotton pants, and polo shirts.

If I remember correctly, they're more than $600 in store. I was looking at them last year, and I think I remember them being close to $1000?

Last edited:

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, my first post on this forum .. Decided this was a good reason to step in ..

l bought Loro Piana Open Walk shoes in Chocolate colour this winter in Milan, in their main store in Via Montenapoleone, like the one in the photos above .. Wish l could got some discount, because it was sale time in January, but store manager told me they are "carry over" model, so he cannot do anything for me .. But, it was a love on a first sight. Those shoes were calling my name..

Acctually, they were cheaper in the store then on their online shop, l payed them 590,00 EUR. l weared them for the first time in April this year, because l had no heart to wear them in snow or rainy condition, the leather is super soft, and extremely sensitive ..

There are a few things l need to tell you .. They are unimaginably comfortable, but they lose their shape fast, so you need to buy that wooden shoe shaper, (sorry, l dont know the term in english for that) The rubber buttom and sides which are some sort of beige color are getting dirty easily, especcially if you drive a car, but they can be cleaned as easily..

All in all, l am very pleased with my purchase, lm thinking of buying them in navy blue also ..

.. l am 27 years old, and maybe Loro Piana style is not just yet for me, but to each his own l guess..

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are unimaginably comfortable

Agreed, picked some up last weekend. No input yet on losing shape, but I guess I'll use shoe trees in 'em every once in a while.

They are hand stitched on the vamp, apparently. What's surprising is how they air super airy, as though they were a sandal. I went with dark blue.

twinpeaks

Reaction score
LP goods are
-of uniform good but not excellent quality
-quite overpriced

plus boots obviously are def not their focus

hence i would only buy at deep discount ,i.e., 60% off minimum

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads