• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for good quality polo's

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by velvel87
I agree with that! But on where to find polos, Go to Marshall's. I can't understand why people spend $100 on a ralph lauren polo at saks or where ever if they sell so many of the exact same ones at marshalls for $35.

most of those are the cheap versions or have an irregularity

the best is end of season sales you can get them straight from RL for $35 each

emmitbrown

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skiwebster
i really like the uniqlo ones. I bought a few at the beginning of the summer and they have held up well so far, no fading at all. They are the 'stay cool' ones and when I was in the store last weekend, they were on sale for $15 each.

Both these and the "washed" polos are on sale, and are amazing for the price.

Smells Like Poor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
most of those are the cheap versions or have an irregularity

the best is end of season sales you can get them straight from RL for $35 each

Not that I would recommend shopping there because their prices aren't all that great, but they don't stock irregular items. Most of their items are overstock from other stores.

fudgebutt

Reaction score
Does anyone have a J.Lindeberg polo? I've seen them on revolve/tobi, they're nothing too out of the ordinary but I could use another polo. The seam down the front looks pretty marsupialed, though.

I'd prefer something with a deeper collar, like an american apparel el-cheapo polo where there's 4 buttons and it exposes some of your man-chest. Suggestions?

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fudgebutt
I'd prefer something with a deeper collar, like an american apparel el-cheapo polo where there's 4 buttons and it exposes some of your man-chest. Suggestions?
RRL has some with a deeper placket (4 buttons i think?). As far as polo style shirts.... there is really only one good answer: Fred Perry.

Ferluci

Reaction score
I recently bought a few from fred perry / marlboro classics and one from river woods. The river woods one wrinkles pretty fast but i'm really happy with the other few
smile.gif

clarity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
most of those are the cheap versions or have an irregularity the best is end of season sales you can get them straight from RL for $35 each
This is when I get all my rl polos. Got one for 37 bucks a week or so ago, but it's hard to find smalls. Oh and stay away from the outlet polos. The one I have is basically self destructing after about 6 or so wears. They are made differently too iirc.

cshd

Reaction score
I cant find any place to buy uniqlo polo's online. My cousin has some Martin + Osa polo's and I didnt really like the fit, they were too lose around the midsection for me. I kinda like it slim but not tight.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkennett
As far as polo style shirts.... there is really only one good answer: Fred Perry.

Fyi they are on sale right now, at least in-store, at Neiman Marcus. The ones I got were only $38 each.

cshd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
Fyi they are on sale right now, at least in-store, at Neiman Marcus. The ones I got were only $38 each.

Do you know any other place that sells them? The nearest Neiman Marcus is 49 mins away. I live in akron, OH.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cshd
Do you know any other place that sells them? The nearest Neiman Marcus is 49 mins away. I live in akron, OH.
You could try calling them and asking if they can be shipped. I'm almost positive the guy at NM said they ship from their stores last time I was in there. Edit: Forgot to mention in-store they only accept check, cash, and American Express. I have no AmEx card, so I had to pay in cash.
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads