• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a tie to match a kimono

bigv4

Reaction score
I'm getting married this summer. My gf will be wearing a kimono for the reception (pic attached) and I was looking for a tie/shirt to go with it. I'll be wearing a 3pc navy blue suit (from spier and mackay). They posted a couple of floral patterned ties that I'm considering. Do you guys think the purple and yellow one will complement it? There's also a blue and pink one, but does that match too much?

http://www.spierandmackay.com/product_information/4157_yellow__purple_hamilton_floral

http://www.spierandmackay.com/product_information/3047_blue__pink_hamilton_floral

any other suggestions?

Bellafonte27

Reaction score
It'll be hard to a tie that perfectly matches the kimono (which is stunning, by the way) unless you have it made to order. I would suggest getting a tie that complements or mimics the colors of the kimono. Since you're wearing a navy suit, most ties should go along with it.

Something like this: http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/neckwear/sky-red-foulard-e-marinella-silk-print-tie.html
Or if you must insist on the flower pattern: http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/nec...opard-salvatore-ferragamo-silk-print-tie.html

I would personally suggest sticking to a light blue or white shirt if you're gonna have an eye-catching tie to keep the ensemble conservative. You don't want to be upstaging the bride!

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Find out whether the kimono maker has more of the cloth use for the kimono or obi. Have a piece sent to Vanda to be turned into a pocket square. Wear a traditional wedding tie.

bigv4

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm not married to the floral pattern, they just caught my eye on the S&M thread. Thanks for the suggestions. I like the glen plaid tie in Murlsquirl's post. I can't get any more of the kimono cloth. Maybe she won't notice a missing cut-out :)

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Find out whether the kimono maker has more of the cloth use for the kimono or obi. Have a piece sent to Vanda to be turned into a pocket square. Wear a traditional wedding tie.

I like this idea a lot. Too bad no more of that silk is available

Also @gshen at Vanda is probably more familiar with kimono silk than any other tie maker

Last edited:

Wayward

Reaction score
Sam Hober may also be a good possibility. They provide custom-made ties, and the owner David is a very good guy. If you reach out, he may have something close.

I pulled up the Flower Ties section, and this is the closest I could find:

http://www.samhober.com/flower-silk...d-white-on-light-gold-flower-silk-tie-27.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads