• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's keep talking about cheese

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
No, the city council came to its senses. Foie is legal again in Chicago I thought?

And seriously? Even first term culinary school and not tasted foie? Yikes man, go do some tasting!

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
No, the city council came to its senses. Foie is legal again in Chicago I thought?

And seriously? Even first term culinary school and not tasted foie? Yikes man, go do some tasting!

LOL yeah 2 articles underneath that is shows that it was overturned just a few months ago.
Still on plans to ban it in 2012 for California though.

It's not my fault. I didn't even know what it was until like a year ago.
frown.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oscarthewild
Think the OP is in London. Paxtons on Jermyn st is a VERY good cheese shop. I get hard rolls either from F+M or from Paxtons, grab some seltzer water and have a very good meal sitting on the church steps across from Paxtons.

Last time I was there, they had an interesting chalky white in addition to the usual suspects.

-

you are bringing me to tears, man. I love that shop

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Still on plans to ban it in 2012 for California though.
frown.gif

This is why matt hates big government.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
This is why matt hates big government.

Surely, this is reason enough?

Trilby

Reaction score
If you're a fan of Stilton, I suggest you try some Stichelton. It's a raw milk version of Stilton. The AOC rules for Stilton require the use of pasteurized milk, so they can't call it Stilton - but it's otherwise the same cheese. Excellent stuff.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Kwilk, I was just cruising igourmet. Second page of the "pate" section, they have raw foie. The real deal.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Kwilk, I was just cruising igourmet. Second page of the "pate" section, they have raw foie. The real deal.

holyshit.jpg

$130 for 1.4 lbs? Daaayyyuummmm!
Maybe if I don't eat for a whole month I can finally taste some lol.
I'll probably ask around at school tomorrow and see if anyone knows of a restaurant that might be serving it since the ban got lifted, or some other store that might have it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
$130 for 1.4 lbs? Daaayyyuummmm!
Maybe if I don't eat for a whole month I can finally taste some lol.
I'll probably ask around at school tomorrow and see if anyone knows of a restaurant that might be serving it since the ban got lifted, or some other store that might have it.

Makes you appreciate the gift I received a few weeks ago, no?
smile.gif

DSC00629.jpg

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Makes you appreciate the gift I received a few weeks ago, no?
smile.gif

DSC00629.jpg

I have to assume that most of that is gone, otherwise I would order you to send that to me immediately*.

*I know you don't care what I demand.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I have to assume that most of that is gone, otherwise I would order you to send that to me immediately*.

*I know you don't care what I demand.

I have two portions left. It does store quite well frozen and in vacuum sealed bags. We were just talking today, and we plan to have a portion of it next Saturday with fresh French bread, a bottle of my wine that vinouspleasure so looks down on, some cheese from igourmet, and some nuts or fruits (whatever we have at the time), and maybe some olives we have. We usually just sit and chat for about two hours over a fare like that and it leaves you ready for a nice late dinner on a Saturday night
smile.gif

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two portions left. It does store quite well frozen and in vacuum sealed bags. We were just talking today, and we plan to have a portion of it next Saturday with fresh French bread, a bottle of my wine that vinouspleasure so looks down on, some cheese from igourmet, and some nuts or fruits (whatever we have at the time), and maybe some olives we have. We usually just sit and chat for about two hours over a fare like that and it leaves you ready for a nice late dinner on a Saturday night
smile.gif

Piobaire, after your other thread on Foie, a couple of friends and I decided that we
are going to have a decadent Sunday afternoon like the one you describe here. Question for you, is it really worth the time and effort to source fresh foie? I know an online source to pick up canned stuff which is easy and reasonably priced. How does it compare?

Ohhh, and another cheese to add is halloumi. Grilled and drizzled with a little olive oil.

K

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Piobaire, after your other thread on Foie, a couple of friends and I decided that we
are going to have a decadent Sunday afternoon like the one you describe here. Question for you, is it really worth the time and effort to source fresh foie? I know an online source to pick up canned stuff which is easy and reasonably priced. How does it compare?

Ohhh, and another cheese to add is halloumi. Grilled and drizzled with a little olive oil.

K

I wish I could answer you, but I can't. I've never had canned foie so I can't give a viable reply. However, I insist on pictures and a complete menu when you do it!

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As far as blues are concerned, i highly recommend Roaring Forties Blue, which is made in Tasmania. I think it's one of the best blues in the world, personally.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ummmmmm cheese!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads