• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let the interviews begin

CTLION

Reaction score
I am interviewing 4 people tomorrow for an open sales gig in Tampa. They have no idea what they are in for. My questions are designed to keep them on their toes and designed so that I may get a better idea of their skills.

No dumb questions like "what is your worst attribute," but rather questions designed to see how they sell me on why I should hire them.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I am interviewing 4 people tomorrow for an open sales gig in Tampa. They have no idea what they are in for. My questions are designed to keep them on their toes and designed so that I may get a better idea of their skills.

No dumb questions like "what is your worst attribute," but rather questions designed to see how they sell me on why I should hire them.

You know, designing interview questions to get an idea of the applicant's skills is pure genius. I'm going to steal this idea.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You know, designing interview questions to get an idea of the applicant's skills is pure genius. I'm going to steal this idea.

:teach:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

CTLION

Reaction score
Quite the contrary. I work for one of the largest healthcare companies in the world and we are looking for the best of the best. I warn every candidate that the last 5 interview questions may be the hardest questions they will be asked in an interview. I designed every question and I mean every question to evaluate the candidate for the exact role they need to play.

Bottom line I need to know how each candidate handles tough questions that make them think on their feet. I won't share my toughest questions but I will share with you the last question I ask every candidate:

"If I don't offer you this job, what do you think my reasoning will be?"

There is only one correct answer for every candidate, and if you get it wrong it can sink the entire interview. 2 of the 4 failed this question today.

Is that torture? No...my job is not to be nice...my job is to find the best and i make no apologies.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

That my innate ability intimidated you and you therefore decided to settle for second best and hire someone that you will not be working for in two years if you hired him.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quite the contrary. I work for one of the largest healthcare companies in the world and we are looking for the best of the best. I warn every candidate that the last 5 interview questions may be the hardest questions they will be asked in an interview. I designed every question and I mean every question to evaluate the candidate for the exact role they need to play.

Bottom line I need to know how each candidate handles tough questions that make them think on their feet. I won't share my toughest questions but I will share with you the last question I ask every candidate:

There is only one correct answer for every candidate, and if you get it wrong it can sink the entire interview. 2 of the 4 failed this question today.

Is that torture? No...my job is not to be nice...my job is to find the best and i make no apologies.

Strong lolz.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads