• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@gettoasty nah no storm cuff, but wide and big enough that I wouldn't think I'd need them. What season was yours?

@TintoTerra return would be pretty easy it would just mean I would have wait until Monday to get to wear it haha. Btw has yours softened up much with wear?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FW 2014

Storms cuffs are nice detail, kept everything toasty. The sleeves do not look overly long on you so that is fine.

Removable hood is nice, so, there is some trade off.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@TheCowboy Sportive also have the black Labour jacket in XL but it's the cotton sateen and not the brushed wool.
https://www.sportivostore.com/colle.../labour-jacket-in-black?variant=1744577888267
Plus you'd have to convince them to send it to the US.

Also, Totokaelo randomly put up the Great Raincoat in black in a size 48 but you can't click through the link so i don't know wtf is going on.
https://totokaelo.com/mens/designers/lemaire/great-raincoat-p25615

192384153109_Look_21_153109_1666.jpg

TintoTerra

Reaction score
@TintoTerra return would be pretty easy it would just mean I would have wait until Monday to get to wear it haha. Btw has yours softened up much with wear?[/QUOTE]

I think i’d be too impatient for that. Lol.

I think it has worn in. I wore it for a couple weeks walking around in rain and snow, and I noticed a difference. I dry cleaned it and it’s like new, just with a little softer feel in that heavy twill.

I have considered also getting the rust version a couple of times. Just because it’s such a comfortable and nice-looking piece.

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Lemaire webshop. I think Need Supply Japan has it too, from seeing it on their Instagram. I don’t know if they ship to the states though. Occulta probably knows of others.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tried the parka with the raspberry knit under it, which is reasonably thick.
I think I’m going to stick with this size 52.
It’s still kind of sack-ish, especially buttoned, but I’m pretty sure that would be the case with any parka especially in such a dense, heavy twill. And who knows how much sizing down would change that anyway.

Warning: much pics
Also bonus pic of the raspberry knit on its own cos I never posted a photo of it.
AF95E2DE-77CC-4429-BE89-4C52DD680D85.png

A89333C2-5446-420B-BC13-08877FA4526C.jpeg
AA725DCC-53D7-4403-90FC-A925CE97DBAC.jpeg
595EABBA-17D0-4653-A85B-D4E31E24B529.jpeg

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice I would say stick with the size you have. Sleeves and body length are good and that’s where I’d look at it and think “too big” rather than “oversized”

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
About as accurate as you would expect from an iPhone set on 'video' that is placed on a pile of boxes on top of a chair in a lightless room with a snowstorm going on outside.

*I think it's a bit lighter and definitely more vibrant irl

Landau

Reaction score
How should one size for the Raspberry Knit? I really want one, but the only one left on Matches is a Small (and I am normally a 48/50)

On that note, is anyone going to take the plunge on the ssense multicolor sweater? It looks cool, but hard to style (and it costs more than their outerwear).

172646M201002_1.jpg

[\spoiler]

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Landau I would say TTS for sure on the raspberry knit.

As for the hand knit sweater; I want it. I was waiting for one more drop since I’ve OD’d on knits for the last couple of years and can’t justify yet another one. But the XL finally sold out so I guess not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads