• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Corner bungled this season's sizing so so badly. I even emailed Lucio's customer service address begging them to get The Corner to correct their sizes, as it would suck to see the label lose sales over such a silly error.

Fittingly, The Corner did the same thing with Lemaire when he still used numerical sizing, lolz

Maxwellll

Reaction score
Some good brand recommendations there. Sunnei and Lucio Vanotti ive been following for a while, great newcomer brands and interested to see where they go now they have caught some steam. Umit Benan is one of my favourites, but judging by the posts in Instagram and the closure of his Tokyo store it looks like he has put an end to his label for the time being, with the AW16 'Tokyo Diaries' being his last collection, a shame as he was one of the more unique designers.

Marni often have some Lemaire esque pieces in their collections. I am sure everyone knows about Margaret Howell, basically the British and French versions of each other. Some others maybe, E.Tautz and Matthew Miller.

DariaW

Reaction score
Couldn´t disagree more; Vanotti´s design is year by year greater and the fabric is nice. All the stuff is made well and everything inside Italy, compared to Romanian´s Lemaire

DariaW

Reaction score
You think Vanotti menswear is small in sizes, because womenswear as far as I have fit true to size

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SS16 bomber jacket with the ribbed neck is great. Sized up to a 40 from my usual size 38 top. I once had a Patrik Ervell bomber jacket, then, Siki Im. I finally have my replacement.

The straight leg jeans fit TTS. I can put up some measurements later but I will need a size 48 after just eye balling the size 46 I received.

Yeah, the bomber is at a pretty good price at places right now. The green is beautiful. Fabric reminds me of an old Engineered Garments jacket that had the iridescent face; slight different colors in different light. Love it. And it is really thin, perfect for the warmer months. Good pocket placements, too. This is just a great jacket and is perfect complement to my fall-winter green flight jacket also from Lemaire. Definitely size up 1. Otherwise, I really hope Lemaire is not trying to slim down his silhouette as someone pointed out here.

JackoDo

Reaction score

SS16 bomber jacket with the ribbed neck is great. Sized up to a 40 from my usual size 38 top. I once had a Patrik Ervell bomber jacket, then, Siki Im. I finally have my replacement.

The straight leg jeans fit TTS. I can put up some measurements later but I will need a size 48 after just eye balling the size 46 I received.

Yeah, the bomber is at a pretty good price at places right now. The green is beautiful. Fabric reminds me of an old Engineered Garments jacket that had the iridescent face; slight different colors in different light. Love it. And it is really thin, perfect for the warmer months. Good pocket placements, too. This is just a great jacket and is perfect complement to my fall-winter green flight jacket also from Lemaire. Definitely size up 1. Otherwise, I really hope Lemaire is not trying to slim down his silhouette as someone pointed out here.
do you find the sizing up is necessary? I'm pretty slim, usually somewhere between a 46 and 48, yet the model wearing it on ssense (in black) is shorter than me and the medium seems to fit just right. I'm wondering if I'm safer sizing up, or if I should just go for the 48

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@JackoDo 48 should do

I am between 48 and 50. Wore it out yesterday evening, light and breezy. It could be lighter but then the fabric would be too sheer I think. Shape holds up well it seems.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any one interested in a cheap (good condition) Navy gusset shirt in size 50?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
BoF on Lemaire joining Uniqlo as one of their artistic directors.

http://www.businessoffashion.com/ar...bof-exclusive-christophe-lemaire-joins-uniqlo

PARIS, France — Christophe Lemaire is joining Uniqlo, the Japanese purveyor of colourful, well-designed basics, as artistic director of a new Uniqlo Paris R&D Centre. He will also design a new Uniqlo line, dubbed Uniqlo U. Previously, Lemaire (together with Sarah-Linh Tran, his partner in life and work) worked with Uniqlo on the brand’s “Uniqlo and Lemaire” collection. But the new design centre and line are reflective of a much deeper partnership. The first Uniqlo U collection will be unveiled during Paris couture week in early July and hit retail stores for the Autumn/Winter 2016 season. Lemaire will continue to design his namesake label.

“I am delighted to welcome Mr Christophe Lemaire as a member of the Uniqlo team. I have time and again been astonished by his outstanding talent in working together to create the Uniqlo and Lemaire collection. I look forward to seeing more of the innovations that he inspires, and I am confident that his tremendous experience and talent will thrive at Uniqlo,” said Tadashi Yanai, chairman, president and CEO of Fast Retailing, Uniqlo’s parent company.

[...]

"Uniqlo and Lemaire” did indeed blow up fast, so fast that Uniqlo had initially wanted to extend the collaboration for another season. But Mr Yanai had a grander plan: no mere collaboration, but a full-blown atelier; a research and development centre in Paris that Lemaire would staff and lead, building an entirely new design concept within the Uniqlo brand, a more refined version of the company’s “LifeWear” ethos — but integrated into the core offering, as opposed to some kind of “black label.” And, despite the timing of the offer, coming just as his own label was picking up a real head of steam, Lemaire said yes.

[...]

The concept isn’t entirely new. Five years ago, Jil Sander and Uniqlo embarked on a similar collaboration under the equally cryptic title +J. “We had that in mind,” Lemaire concedes. “But U is a little more democratic. The biggest issue was to design things that are essential enough to be timeless, and understood by everyone. Elevated basics, I call them. Our ambition is to fill the gap between what’s fashion and what’s ‘normal.’ I know the word ‘normcore’ is overused, but there’s something about normality I find very interesting — how do you make it super normal but refined and cool and desirable?"

Last edited:

baklanyc

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, DieWorkWear.

I like the idea of it being a Uniqlo 'core' concept, maybe because I felt like the last two collections cannibalized Lemaire's own design ideas, and diluted the value of his own clothes in my mind, i.e. "why buy mainline when the U x L version might suffice?" But this U line sounds like it could be Uniqlo's version of COS or even APC, something one would augment their wardrobe with at a reasonable value. It kinda reminds me of the Beanpole x Lemaire collab from a few years back (although that was likely a collab similar to the U x L).

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So would this be an example of the collection?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charlieave9