• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty's random dog thread.

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing puppy lawrenceMD.

Is it weird that I am more partial to female dogs? I like their tempements a bit better. They seem to be a bit more loving and listen a bit more.

It just might be me.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had some business to take care of this morning so I got a late start on the dog walk. Turned out to be too late, and the boxer started overheating when we were still a few miles from home. Took us a long time getting home because we had to stop every quarter mile and cool off.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I had some business to take care of this morning so I got a late start on the dog walk. Turned out to be too late, and the boxer started overheating when we were still a few miles from home. Took us a long time getting home because we had to stop every quarter mile and cool off.

I was out walking my greyhound the other day and we walked maybe a half mile and he just flopped down in the grass on the way back. It was ~75 degrees. He's got black fur and it was sunny, but I do 4-5 mile walks with him pretty regularly. Maybe he didn't sleep well or something :plain:

Goofy skinny beasts are horrible with the heat.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Despite the muzzle it still takes a lot for a Boxer to overheat. Where are you?

Spent the morning with a nearly black Boxer. Brindle so dark it is effectively black unless you're in strong sun. Interesting looking dog.

lefty

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Amazing puppy lawrenceMD.
Is it weird that I am more partial to female dogs? I like their tempements a bit better. They seem to be a bit more loving and listen a bit more.
It just might be me.

^totally makes sense.

plus the females probably better around little babies/kids.

kwiteaboy

Reaction score

I was out walking my greyhound the other day and we walked maybe a half mile and he just flopped down in the grass on the way back. It was ~75 degrees. He's got black fur and it was sunny, but I do 4-5 mile walks with him pretty regularly. Maybe he didn't sleep well or something :plain:
Goofy skinny beasts are horrible with the heat.

I have a weird black/brown JRT/dachshund mix (probably) that does the same thing. Has tons of energy at home but HATES exercising and thus lays down multiple times per walk, regardless of temperature.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Had to carry my dog home from our afternoon walk yesterday, at that point I was pretty pleased that my dog only weighs 10kg.

It was 28-30C and we only walked in the shade and he was offered water every 5 min.

Male cats and female dogs are the way to go.

plus the females probably better around little babies/kids.

It's a dog to dog thing, just like people.

I had a male Bearded Collie and two cats, no problems at all, the cats even ate the dogs food, without he did anything.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In a few of these cases I think the dogs are ******* with you guys.

lefty

Yeah, my dog Cyrus does that sometimes. He'll just flop down in the shade for a bit even when it's only moderately warm. Then he'll spring up and leap about madly!

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Male Cats?

My Female cat is awesome. She comes when called, sits when directed, wants to cuddle all the time, and doesn't spray urine all over the place.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Male Cats?
My Female cat is awesome. She comes when called, sits when directed, wants to cuddle all the time, and doesn't spray urine all over the place.

Yep, females make better house cats, but males can be good too. Had a big reddish orange male who lived on our roof of course we called him Rufus. Trouble with outdoor cats though is that they play heck with the native wild life. In Australia there are few if any large native predators so the prey are not adapted to escape from cats.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Male Cats?

Males don't either, if they're neutered before they learn to spray.

We have a 2 year old female cat, and want to get her a buddy. I was thinking she'd be most likely to get along well with a younger male cat, but I'm not sure. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads