• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty's random dog thread.

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DSC_0070.jpg

Our Brittanys. Duke on the left and Zeke on the right. Duke is Zekes uncle. These are real live hunting dogs. Zeke is one of the best I have ever shot over.
DSC_0099.jpg

The boys and my Dad.
DSC_0427.jpg

This is my house dog. Standard Poodle named, Tula. Incredible disposition, non shedding and hypo allergenic. Her coloring is called Parti. As you can see she likes to get dirty. Much like her mommy. (my wife)

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nootje
looks like a healthier, less "typey" neo.. The type of dogs that are a joy to watch going to work
smile.gif

He's a nice looking dog and the size of his head . . . damn.

Originally Posted by Flieger
But one warning I must give you, Airedales have to be trained to listen and obey your commands more than your average dog.
Mine was also quite tempted to go out and explore the world more than we liked. He was often able to get out of the backyard using some trickery. Airedales are active dogs that like to go on long walks. You have to like that. I find it weird to see that people like owning a dog but not going for a reasonably long enough walk with the dog on a daily basis.

True of most dogs, but yes, the Airedale is a willful breed and one that could easily overwhelm a new owner. I don't think that applies to Norcal.

Originally Posted by Wallcloud
Our Brittanys. Duke on the left and Zeke on the right. Duke is Zekes uncle. These are real live hunting dogs. Zeke is one of the best I have ever shot over.

This is my house dog. Standard Poodle named, Tula. Incredible disposition, non shedding and hypo allergenic. Her coloring is called Parti. As you can see she likes to get dirty. Much like her mommy. (my wife)

I've heard it said that the Brittany can do it all. Standard poodle is no slouch either. Nice looking dogs.

lefty

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
I've heard it said that the Brittany can do it all. Standard poodle is no slouch either. Nice looking dogs. lefty
Thank you. The amount of stamina those Brittanys have is nothing short of amazing. They hunt all day and cover 3 or 4 times the amount of ground I will, all the while happily dragging their ******** through snow and ice and weeds and then they will pop out of their kennels ready to do it again with the first light. I could speak volumes on the nose quality of the younger one. I am constantly amazed by his ability.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time for a new collar:

collar.jpg

(1.5" wide, ~3/16" thick cowhide)

And people wonder why I don't trust the collars with the plastic clips on them...
plain.gif

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did your dog poop that one out too? Look for a full grain collar with some serious brass hardware. Also a 6' lead. They will last forever.

pitbull-2-ply-leather-dog-collar-18-inch-C33nh_LRG.jpg

lefty

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The collar did not pass through her digestive tract.

I'm going to have SF member unlucky craft a replacement out of double layer horsehide; should be a similar setup to the one you've shown.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice. Have him make you a matching 6' lead with a brass fastener at each end and a floating ring. Very useful for securing your dog. There are variations with fixed rings, so check out what would be best for you.

lefty

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had him make me exactly that about 6 months ago.
smile.gif
. It's cowhide though; this incident makes me think I should consider a double layer version. Checked out the store that sells the collars you posted above; seems the smallest size they sell is 18"! I think her neck is only about 15".

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Somewhere in this thread I posted a number of pics from Gargoyle. I've never seen one in person but I really like the way they look in pics. I know that he was working a few of them at Redstar so you may want to contact them or bandog banter. I saw a lot of "bulldogge" stuff when they first became popular and they were mostly ******. The Gargoyle dogs look like they can so something.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Some reading for you. lefty

Mark it 8

Reaction score
Plus, you get a free Slayer CD and a copy of Mortal Kombat with every purchase!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Seriously, though, those are some tough looking dogs.

Mblova

Reaction score
Stealth Dog!
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice, but I believe that may be a training session. Either way, good dog. As to the quality of gargoyle dogs, compare them to these: http://www.dragonslayerkennels.com/females.htm Scroll down to Sasha.
SASHA4.jpg
SASHA.jpg
How the hell this guy can keep a straight face when he charges 2.5K for a stud service for his POS is unbelievable to me. lefty

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
theres a gorgeous husky owned by a tenant in my apartment. quiet and well behaved. unlike a lot of the other ****** dogs here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads