• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lebron biggest b@$#tch ever

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
he might be a *****...or at the very least out of touch with reality. but overrated? not that good? let's look at his resume - Career averages of almost 28 ppg, 7 rpg, 7 apg 2 MVP's ROTY All-Star 6 of the 7 years he's been in the league 2 All Star MVP's 4 All NBA 1st teams 2 All NBA 2nd teams 2 All NBA Defensive 1st teams yes, the absence of a championship ring (or 6) is the most glaring omission in that resume, but he's got some time to address that deficiency. MJ won it in season 7, and only after getting a star perimeter player and versatile PF to join his team.....hmmmm... i read this article some time ago which came up with a simple way of ranking the greatest NBA players of all time - by assigning them points for every accolade that they got voted into. it's not perfect (doesn't consider playoff performance), but by the numbers, Lebron was already the 18th-greatest (regular season) player since 1956 by his fifth year in the league. two MVP's and a couple of All-Defense awards later, he's probably much higher on the list by now

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
So from now on he can play mediocre basketball, and he'll still be remembered as one of the 20 greatest players ever?

I swear to god, this is not a complicated issue. If life worked this way, Hillary Clinton would be our president right now. Why bother playing the game if he's that good? Why don't teams just forfeit?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
he might be a *****...or at the very least out of touch with reality.

but overrated? not that good? let's look at his resume -

Career averages of almost 28 ppg, 7 rpg, 7 apg
2 MVP's
ROTY
All-Star 6 of the 7 years he's been in the league
2 All Star MVP's
4 All NBA 1st teams
2 All NBA 2nd teams
2 All NBA Defensive 1st teams

yes, the absence of a championship ring (or 6) is the most glaring omission in that resume, but he's got some time to address that deficiency. MJ won it in season 7, and only after getting a star perimeter player and versatile PF to join his team.....hmmmm...

i read this article some time ago which came up with a simple way of ranking the greatest NBA players of all time - by assigning them points for every accolade that they got voted into. it's not perfect (doesn't consider playoff performance), but by the numbers, Lebron was already the 18th-greatest (regular season) player since 1956 by his fifth year in the league. two MVP's and a couple of All-Defense awards later, he's probably much higher on the list by now

Dude, you're using too many facts. Lebron is A ***** and he SUCKS.

Watch him win a few rings with Miami and then they'll say it's all because of DWade and Bosh.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
No, but he can retire now any be remembered amongst the greats; see Sanders, Barry.

This would be an easier argument for me to accept if Lebron wasn't such a self-promoting *****. His marketing talks so loud I can't hear his game.

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
How the **** people can deny Lebron's talent and incredible accomplishments so far is unbelievable to me.

You're misinterpreting what we're saying, no one's denying his talent. He is one of the best players of all time if he decides to show up.

You can't give someone top 50 of all time title for that short stint in history, you have to weigh out the entire career. If you could, then Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill and Tracy Mcgrady would EASILY make top 50 of all time.

Their talent was through the roof.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we'll see now that he's on a team he likes. do you show up to work 100% every single day all day if you hate the company and your coworkers?

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter

You can't give someone top 50 of all time title for that short stint in history, you have to weigh out the entire career. If you could, then Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill and Tracy Mcgrady would EASILY make top 50 of all time.

Their talent was through the roof.

Those players are piss-poor analogies because, despite their short periods of brilliance, they have more middling seasons than stellar. The same can't be said about James. If you want to compare James to a player who never won a ring, you might want to look in Sir Charles' direction.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Have you guys seen his latest TV commercial? It's evident that the guy/brand thrives on the controversy. At the end of the day, he makes a whole of a lot more endorsement money behaving the way he does - makes for continuous discussions (like this thread)
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
Exactly, a page out of Kanye's book of self promotion which borrows heavily from others, so on and so forth...
I don't think any of the controversy was intentional. I honestly think he is so self absorbed and delusional that he thought the whole world would eat his **** and think it was chocolate. Hell he probably thinks his **** is chocolate. It is the talented folks at Nike that are in fact turning that **** into gold not LeBron.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
I don't think any of the controversy was intentional. I honestly think he is so self absorbed and delusional that he thought the whole world would eat his **** and think it was chocolate. Hell be probably thinks his **** is chocolate.

It is the talented folks at Nike that are in fact turning that **** into gold not LeBron.

This

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi

Career averages of almost 28 ppg, 7 rpg, 7 apg
2 MVP's
ROTY
All-Star 6 of the 7 years he's been in the league
2 All Star MVP's
4 All NBA 1st teams
2 All NBA 2nd teams
2 All NBA Defensive 1st teams

He is a player but those honors are somewhat misleading. The media ate his dick from the time he was in HS. He'll have trouble making the defensive 1st team after this year.

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those players are piss-poor analogies because, despite their short periods of brilliance, they have more middling seasons than stellar. The same can't be said about James. If you want to compare James to a player who never won a ring, you might want to look in Sir Charles' direction.

I mentioned those guys because those 3 did not play up to their FULL potential the same way James has not.

Barkley on the other hand, played to his full potential, just met the wrong guy at the finals.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

You can see into the future?

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
You can see into the future?

No, but I can look into the past and see that James owns 25% of all MVP awards handed out during his career and 3% of ALL MVP awards ever. If he never sniffs another award, and plays 12 more seasons, he would have won 10% of MVPs during his career. I think that might make him top 50 of all time.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter
I mentioned those guys because those 3 did not play up to their FULL potential the same way James has not.

You can't really say they didn't play their full potential (Hill and Hardaway) because they were sidelined by injuries. Those guys actually played their hearts out unlike TMac or Vince Carter who has been deemed soft and had no heart.

Ok look, there is no point in saying "if Lebron retires today" because we all know he won't. Even if he does retire now because of some freaky injury, he'd still be considered top 50 simply by averaging close to triple-double. Now see I didn't say he is a guaranteed in the top 50 but he is dominant, even more so than Hill or Hardaway. He took a crappy team to the Finals, that is a feat that neither Hill or Hardaway could do by themselves. Hell, TMac hasn't even been out of the 1st round.

Not to mention those records he has broken and all the award she has won in sucha short period of time, that is what puts him over Hill, Hardaway, Tmac, etc....

He'll be in the league for a while, so all that none sense "if he retires now"can stop. He is actually the most injury free player in the Miami roster, I still believe that stupid elbow from last season was just an excuse and not an actual injury, dude shot around 40% behind the arc in the playoffs iirc.

With all that said, I hate all of Lebrons antics. I mean seriously, even this commercial is made by Nike and it still seems stupid and make him look dumb.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

He really needs to ask what he should do?
What he should do is just shut the hell up and play ball. Win a ring to shut everyone up but instead you'll see him parading his MVP tees and whining and showcasing to get the attention to himself.

Oh, he should also participate in the Slam Dunk competition like he promised 2 years ago when Howard was getting the spotlight, so that even if he loses, at least he gains a little more respect from some people.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads