• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
bouta cop a rmc j100 somebody stop me

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your arms / shoulders are probably too large for it.

I know absolutely nothing about your build, but that's maybe the only rational argument against it I'm aware of.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

curse you for making a rational argument and curse these gains

if it's tight I can live with it bc i need to drop down to my former weight and it'll be perfect, adroit was saying the shoulders are wide in regards to chest size and i have broad shoulders so might be perfect

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had one once from one of Burberry's sublines. I don't remember which, but it was the one on Mr. Porter. Quality was pretty good, but fwiw, I never ended up wearing it cause it felt a bit Fonz. Ended up selling it.
I don't understand what was the issue here.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

curse you for making a rational argument and curse these gains

if it's tight I can live with it bc i need to drop down to my former weight and it'll be perfect, adroit was saying the shoulders are wide in regards to chest size and i have broad shoulders so might be perfect

Depends on why your shoulders are wide. With a lot of Japanese-made stuff, I figured out my problem is the sleeve opening being too small specifically. (A suit tailor pointed it out) If you've got decent delts or traps, that could be an issue, even if the shoulder seams themselves are broad. If it's a skeletal thing, you might be fine.

Joona

Reaction score
@jet I'm not trying to talk you to buy it, but.. IMO the shoulders are pretty wide in RMC J-100. I've tried it at the RMC London store and it had more room in the shoulders (and waist) than my one size bigger RMC J-24. Also, the shinki horsehide will mould to your body even if it initially feels a bit tight. That's what happened with my J-24 at least.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
only one way to find out i suppose

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't understand what was the issue here.

I can see how someone doesn’t want to look like a 70s show character trying to do 50s style.

There is also a fine line between wearing a rider well and looking like a “greaser” or coming out the movie “grease”

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can see how someone doesn’t want to look like a 70s show character trying to do 50s style.

There is also a fine line between wearing a rider well and looking like a “greaser” or coming out the movie “grease”

This reminds me. So about 3 weeks ago I was at a local bar watching my friends play metal covers with their band, and this woman and her friend wave me over to talk. So I step over and she says "You look good!" And I'm like, "um, hehe ok" and basically start to think what a weird compliment. My face shows what I'm thinking, and she repeats "You look good! I like your outfit. You look like you're from the 70s or something" waving in the general direction of my jacket and clothing.

And that really takes me aback. In mock jest, I respond "O.....kay." not sure how that's a compliment. So I follow up, "From the 70s, huh? Alright, I can work with that... lol" and she responds "Yeah, with your hair and jacket. It's cool." So finish off, "I am cool." then tell her I want to rejoin my friends. Why did I leave? Because she was a little chubby for my taste. What was I wearing? My Falcon DR2.

And that's the second time my rider gets me noticed. Then a week ago, my ex told me it looked like a Fonzie jacket. So I sold it.

Prior to these recent events, though. I'd been complimented on it twice by strangers (women). So that was nice.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It's not the jacket it's how you style it.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This reminds me. So about 3 weeks ago I was at a local bar watching my friends play metal covers with their band, and this woman and her friend wave me over to talk. So I step over and she says "You look good!" And I'm like, "um, hehe ok" and basically start to think what a weird compliment. My face shows what I'm thinking, and she repeats "You look good! I like your outfit. You look like you're from the 70s or something" waving in the general direction of my jacket and clothing.

And that really takes me aback. In mock jest, I respond "O.....kay." not sure how that's a compliment. So I follow up, "From the 70s, huh? Alright, I can work with that... lol" and she responds "Yeah, with your hair and jacket. It's cool." So finish off, "I am cool." then tell her I want to rejoin my friends. Why did I leave? Because she was a little chubby for my taste. What was I wearing? My Falcon DR2.

And that's the second time my rider gets me noticed. Then a week ago, my ex told me it looked like a Fonzie jacket. So I sold it.

Prior to these recent events, though. I'd been complimented on it twice by strangers (women). So that was nice.

Did she see your jacket from the front or the side?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Lmaoooo

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wait but the falcon DR2 is not that flashy, doesnt have much chrome or buckles, etc. Was yours red or something?

https://falcongarmentsco.com/product/dr2/

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wait but the falcon DR2 is not that flashy, doesnt have much chrome or buckles, etc. Was yours red or something?
Bro, how mercilessly do your IRL friends tease you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads