• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MarkinNYC

Reaction score
In my opinion the only difference between the Schott 141 and 641 (or 641hh) and is that 641 fits one size smaller. As I understand size 44 in 141 has the same measurements as side 46 in 641. That's not in fact slimmer fit if but it is the same jacket size smaller. Schott could label their jackets in correct size. Same thing with 626vn. Why put a size label before factory vintaging process if the jacket shrinks one size smaller as is stated?

The thing I don't like in my 641hh, is the huge gussets in bi-swing back. Those batwings look like from Thriller video. I prefer plain back but that is because don't ride. Those gussets and underarm footballs are propably useful when reaching handlebars..

@jmo74: great looking Aero (corrected the brand), good fit!

This is why I didn't buy 141 or 641 after I tried it in the store. Great leathers, great classic design... but it is very bulky. Underarm footballs can be removed by Schott but they don't really slim it down (it might just allow you to squeeze into 1 size smaller). It's the heavy and thick leather and gussets. I didn't like 654 leather after trying naked cowhide on 141. Also it doesn't have the buckles, which I kind of like.

b1lf

Reaction score

​This is why I didn't buy 141 or 641 after I tried it in the store.  Great leathers, great classic design... but it is very bulky.  Underarm footballs can be removed by Schott but they don't really slim it down (it might just allow you to squeeze into 1 size smaller).  It's the heavy and thick leather and gussets.  I didn't like 654 leather after trying naked cowhide on 141.  Also it doesn't have the buckles, which I kind of like.

Under arm footballs, while looking extra bulky, actually allow for more movement. If anything, removing them WOULDN'T let you size further down.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This new Junya SS17 looks good. Kind of a traditional design, but different pocket placements, non-cropped length, slimmer body, and slimmer sleeves. Also dig the middle fastening thing, so you can button it like a coat. Stoffa's double rider has the same detail.

Luca1979

Reaction score
Does anybody know what jacket is this one?
If not, any suggestions for alternatives in similar shape/finish, or for a good custom shop that would nail it?
Thanks!!

Last edited:

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's my Johnson Leathers moto jacket in a 3.75-4oz heavy naked cowhide.

It's based on a vintage TT Leathers jacket I sent them to copy with some modifications.

32440871695_86490ca688_c.jpg

Fit pic:
32536340405_a16e3304d9_c.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Always wanted to try a DR but avoided them because I'm pretty stocky. Picked up a Schott in lamb suede to try out since it was only $360. Worth keeping? Feel like it's slightly too large but I kind of like it...
These are going for $280 at Lucky Brand right now. They have some other Schotts on sale. I bought a Schott bomber from them last year. There's no Lucky branding. Shop Runner shipping too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads