• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LooseChange
Wow, all of these are crazy expensive. Any good ones in the lower end of the scale?

Your best chance of affordable leather jackets is either stuff like H&M/Zara or vintage.

Quality leather Jackets, like dress shoes, start at a high price and get exponentially better/more stylish as you get higher in price.

sayaret

Reaction score
after watching flight of the conchords this past weekend and loving jemaine's leather jackets, i've been hunting through ebay and goodwill for a good one...alas, nothing thus far. but i do have a schott perfecto and schott cafÃ
00a9.png
racer that i will post up on here after work today

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
LeeCowhideLeatherRidersJacketJapan.jpg

Lee Riders Jacket. Apparently it was a Japan only release.

I need this in my life but I fear it will be impossible to find especially one in my size.

Looks like the Rocketeer's jacket.

evanrose

Reaction score
I've a vintage-looking Diesel motorcycle jacket that makes people stop on the street to ask where I got it. I bought when I was absolutely broke but I absolutely had to have it. I'll take more detailed pics if requested, but here is a pic and a couple more at flickr:

345960550_1f722d7e31.jpg

http://flickr.com/photos/evanrose/112285548/
http://flickr.com/photos/evanrose/4128914/

The breast pockets and cuffs are zipped as are the double vents in the back. So hot.

Lear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by insOma
I just bought a jacket from the Aero Leather Company and its definitely the nicest leather jacket I've ever seen. Handmade to my measurements, made of front quarter horsehide, custom worsted wool lining and extra pockets. . . this jacket is amazing and I think Aero might make the finest leather ever.
Jacket-9-copy.jpg

Well, that's the confirmation I needed. The Aero jackets look absolutely fantastic
worship.gif

Congratulations on your purchase. You'll need a stock answer to the many enquiring questions & compliments you'll receive. Very nice indeed.

I know that I want the 'Veste de Rallye' model in cordovan colour. I'm a 6'2" bloke and take 48L in suits (too much time spent at the gym) with 37 inch arm measurement. In other words, even with 48L I usually have to lengthen the sleeves by about 1/2 - 3/4 inch. Does anyone know if 50 inch sounds about right?

I wish there was a shop in which I could try one on first (Scotland is simply too far).

For the lining (UK climate), I'm still undecided between the brown alpaca or brown cotton drill cloth. Does the wool really make it unbearably hot outside of winter?

I'm also looking forward to being able to 'hang' it on the floor and save on closet space.

I'm going to make this happen folks
smile.gif

CodeRed

Reaction score
The first one (Aero) is the only one that I like shown. I have the same one made by vanson in HH, but it is too heavy for much use, maybe the aero is a bit lighter? Great moto jacket for sure.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the bad cell phone pics... Anyone remember these? I've had this jacket for about 25 years and I don't think I've ever worn it (probably a good thing)...
laugh.gif
Anyone have an Indian Headress I can borrow?
0810080224.jpg
Current Schott leather motorcycle jacket (with matching leather pants) complete with dead bugs and bird ****... I get compliments on it all of the time (well, when it's clean)... This jacket has seen about 12,000 miles (2 years) and it's just really starting to break in.
0810080413.jpg
Actual Pic of jacket from Schott...
141BLKfrt2.jpg

Lear

Reaction score
OK folks

I've just placed my Aero Leather Clothing order:

'Veste de Rallye' Jacket
=================
* Size 48" with 1 inch added to body and arms

* Front Quarter Heavy Horsehide' (FQHH)

* Cordovan Colour

* Brown Cotton Drill Cloth Lining.

* Two internal chest pockets. Left one is zip, right one is stud

I dithered over the alpaca or cotton lining. After reading the posts here I went with the latter. I want to be able to wear this baby, for as many months in the year as possible.

I just know that this jacket is going to be amazing!

Let the waiting begin
bounce2.gif

delirium

Reaction score
do any of the higher end leather companies do "fittings" ? or is it just sending in your measurements?

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
^^ Vanson dealers will take measurements for custom jackets. I have a custom Vanson Comet and my measurements were performed by the dealer, Trick Tape in Bristol PA (in person).

Lear

Reaction score
Found 2 great links for anyone wanting to do a bit of research on Aero Leather Clothing products: http://www.picturetrail.com/aeroleatherusa Has MANY pictures of most of the products. Lots of close-up shots as well. and http://www.thefedoralounge.com/ Click on the Outerwear link on the homepage. Lots of posts regarding Aero to keep you busy for a couple of hours. Very positive feedback indeed. I found them VERY useful in helping me decide on various aspects that aren't made clear on the Aero site itself. The first link contains pictures of linings that aren't even mentioned at Aero. Oops! Seems that BOTH of the sites are down! That is a very unusual coincidence. They were OK earlier on today (Sunday August 17th). No idea why, sorry.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gawkrodger
I just got this Belstaff Brad a couple of days ago. It's immense

P1020817.jpg

I have this jacket in both Antinque black and black brown. It rocks almost everywhere.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajmbet888