• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
**** yeah, I'm in Texas (San Antonio, 45 minutes south of Austin). I hit Austin all the time. What bars? I like the street called Rock Rose at the Domain area for bar hopping. It suits us older crowd. Otherwise, anywhere you go you're gonna enjoy it. Except Sixth Street, that's been taken over by a younger, seedier crowd. Overall, though, Austin has great bars and there's always phenominal live music going on somewhere. Hotel-wise I recommend the Westin at the Domain.

I met a dude from here last week to try on his FCL Leon. He knew you by name and we got along pretty well. I'm easy to get along with. Especially around beer.

And yo, if you push it back a week, Ministry is playing in Austin on April 26. Highly recommend them. I see them here about once a year.

Oh whom did you meet, was it Eck?

Thanks for the bar advice, noted.

Re Ministry, yea **** I saw that after I booked, I told my friends in Austin to go though. I've seen Ministry live in 2000s and again in 2022, always fun, "everyday is halloween"

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I never took to the Savas Denham because of the front darts, so I'm excited to see how this comes out.

@Texasmade are you going to get it lined? Their stock Denham's seem to default to unlined. I unintentionally bought an unlined leather jacket one time, and it really annoys me.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I never took to the Savas Denham because of the front darts, so I'm excited to see how this comes out.

@Texasmade are you going to get it lined? Their stock Denham's seem to default to unlined. I unintentionally bought an unlined leather jacket one time, and it really annoys me.
It's definitely going to be lined to make it easier to wear and to do the embroidery on the inside.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Scarstich never came up. Cool dude, though, super easy to get along with. I think we're a bit alike in many ways.

What's a scartich?

One of Carol Christian Poell’s top 3 leather jackets other two being high neck and fencing, below is the scarstitch. 99.9% sure it would drive you nuts due to long proportions.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decided to blow my money and go bespoke with Savas. Flew to TN earlier to do measurements and discuss details. Getting the Denham with front darts removed.Canvas fitting this past week. Going to need more space in the chest and armholes. Hand pockets will need to be moved forward
View attachment 1936231
View attachment 1936233
View attachment 1936235

This is so cool, can't wait to see how it turns out. We went to the LA shop in February and it was incredible

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I should finally post a pic of my Savas MTM. It's their Icon jacket in a Rose lamb suede. As a shorter guy, I finally have a leather jacket where the sleeves don't get wet when washing my hands.

savas-smoked-2.jpg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I should finally post a pic of my Savas MTM. It's their Icon jacket in a Rose lamb suede. As a shorter guy, I finally have a leather jacket where the sleeves don't get wet when washing my hands.

View attachment 1936993
I wanted to go with a suede leather but went with regular leather instead. Mainly because I have a suede Blake Hedley jacket where the collar is stained to sh1t because of my neck oils.

Last edited:

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted to go with a suede leather but went with regular leather instead. Mainly because I have a suede Blake Hedley jacket where the collar is stained to **** because of my neck oils.

Yeah, mine is already stained, though not externally visibly yet. But I have at least 5 non-suede leather jackets already, I figured it was time to change it up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads