• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KMW — believe the hype

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blake
that is not really their focus for now.

Too bad. Thanks! I will take a look for the sweatshirt when it comes.

Originally Posted by PaulYAY
The non-denim stuff went over extremely well before the exodus.

That is what I thought. I keep wondering if I should be waiting for a KMW release instead of exploring brands like Real Mccoy.

blake

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
Their business plan boggles me. The non-denim stuff went over extremely well before the exodus. They always had fabric quality on lock.

I do not want to speak for them but I can say that in terms of a business model, sometimes narrowing your focus can make you more successful. Their non-denim was always of amazing quality, but we cannot possible know the additional work that went into making that part of the collection. They seem to be focusing on the parts of the collection that they want to currently which is denim and leather. As I said I know that they will be offering a really beautiful loop wheeler sweatshirt for next fall. Maybe this will be the start of a more expanded collection.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
their non denim stuff was very nice but also very very expensive. can't imagine it sold well

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, what do you guys think about the KMW 1980 Raw Slim for my very first pair of raw jeans?

http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/ki...-raw-slim.html

What size should I get? I typically wear 31/30, but measured my waist and it's 34? (vanity size??). I emailed Need Supply and they said I should get a 31 or a 30 depending on how snug I want it. Does that sound right?

Thanks.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dbear
Hey, what do you guys think about the KMW 1980 Raw Slim for my very first pair of raw jeans? http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/ki...-raw-slim.html What size should I get? I typically wear 31/30, but measured my waist and it's 34? (vanity size??). I emailed Need Supply and they said I should get a 31 or a 30 depending on how snug I want it. Does that sound right? Thanks.
the 1980 is their most popular cut, and without knowing your sizes, would be a great starter for you. what you have to be careful about is getting the right size. instead of measuring your waist, get your best fitting pair of jeans, line up the front and back parts of the waistband, and measure there. double that measurement to find the waist size you're looking for, then cross reference that to the sizing chart on the website. on a separate note, anyone know of stores in LA that stock the 1980's? i've called all the sites listed on their website, but they only have 2010's and rockers
ffffuuuu.gif

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just in from Kicking Mule Workshop:

kmw1.jpg

KMW's English Saddle leather belt with hand-forged brass buckle are hand-crafted by Japanese artisans. The leather originates in the USA as cowhide and is hand selected for its unique qualities and characters. Then is shipped to Japan where artisans use ancient methods of hand dipping, sun drying, and vegetable tanning. Fish oil is added during the tanning process, a very old Japanese technique for finishing leather. The result is a heavy duty, thick, beautifully crafted leather belt which with wear will continue to develop unique characteristics and patina that is far more beautiful than any dyed leather. Available in natural, dark brown, or black. Black will be available in near future.

Kicking Mule Workshop Hand-Crafted English Saddle Leather Belt with Hand-Forged Brass Buckle in Natural
- 100% cowhide
- Sizes 32, 34, 36
- Made in Japan
kmw2.jpg
kmw3.jpg

kmw4.jpg
kmw5.jpg

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7995401

Kicking Mule Workshop Hand-Crafted English Saddle Leather Belt with Hand-Forged Brass Buckle in Dark Brown
- 100% cowhide
- Sizes 32, 34, 36
- Made in Japan
kmw7.jpg
kmw8.jpg

kmw9.jpg
kmw10.jpg

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7995400

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The buckles look different now, are they still hand hammered like previous ones?

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by entrero
The buckles look different now, are they still hand hammered like previous ones?

Same buckle as previous, but each one is slightly different. They are hand-made.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Kicking Mule Workshop Spring 2011 Deliveries: 1980 Black and Indigo

KMW "Left Hand Twill" 1980 Raw Selvedge Slim Straight in Indigo
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7996601
- The fabric is a 13.75oz left hand twill Japanese raw selvedge custom made for KMW by artisans in Okayama, Japan. The fabric has been rope dyed in pure natural indigo and is made from 100% organic Zimbabwe cotton.
- Sanforized fabric, expect minimal shrinkage
- Deer skin patch
- Chainstitched hems and waist band
- Hidden back pocket rivets
- Satin nickel hand-hammered rivets
- Satin nickel doughnut buttons
- White selvedge
- Selvedge detail on front coin pocket and along the interior fly
- Back pockets reinforced with pima lining
- 100% organic Zimbabwe cotton
- Made in Japan
7999301.1b.jpg
7999303.11b.jpg

7999303.12b.jpg
7999303.13b.jpg

KMW "Sulphur Dyed" 1980 Raw Selvedge Slim Straight Denim in Black
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7996600
- The fabric is a 14oz right hand twill Japanese raw selvedge custom made for KMW by artisans in Okayama, Japan.
- Sanforized fabric, expect minimal shrinkage
- Deer skin patch
- Chainstitched hems and waist band
- Hidden back pocket rivets
- Satin nickel hand-hammered rivets
- Satin nickel doughnut buttons
- White selvedge
- Selvedge detail on front coin pocket and along the interior fly
- Back pockets reinforced with pima lining
- 100% organic Zimbabwe cotton
- Made in Japan
7999300.1b.jpg
7999300.11b.jpg

7999300.12b.jpg
7999300.13b.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads