• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kerala food culture

Collette

Reaction score
In Kerala, rice is eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Raw rice, parboiled rice, Basmati rice are some of the different types of rice eaten here. Parboiled rice is raw rice treated through a process wherein the ingredients and aroma of the husk are forced into the rice. Steamed rice dumplings or idlis, roasted rice pancakes or dosais are eaten along with coconut chutneys for breakfast. A dosai stuffed with spiced potatoes, vegetables or even minced lamb constitutes the famous ‘masala dosai’. Coconut, either in a shredded, grated or blended form is a must in most dishes here. Tender coconut water is drunk for it’s cooling effect on the system. A lot of fish is available and Pomfret preparations are delicious.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are awesome.

carlhuber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Collette
In Kerala, rice is eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Kerala's suicide, alcoholism, and unemployment rates rank among India's highest.
Coincidence??
teacha.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by carlhuber
Coincidence??
teacha.gif

It said "among"... I bet Bihar and Uttar Pradesh are "among" them as well...

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
lmao what kind of thread is this?

although recently I had some food at this Indian restaurant called "Madras Pavilion" ....north indian and south indian food.

SJTrance

Reaction score
How weird. I'm from Kerala, and yes, it's difficult to find a Kerala restaurant anywhere. The food is quite different from any other Indian restaurant you would have. I also know Madras Pavilion because I used to live in Houston. I actually find that their Dosai is one of the better ones I've had in the US.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love south Indian food. Too bad most of the Indian restaurants here in L.A. and other cities including London are north Indian based. I do like Kerala cuisine as well as Chettinad cuisine from Tamil Nadu. Makes me want to go out for Idly for breakfast.

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
your best bet for decent south indian food in CA will be Udupi. I know the Bay Area has one, and I am sure you can find one in LA.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
chicago has a handfull of south indian, including karalian, places.

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
yeah I like a mix. I've noticed most South Indian food is vegetarian and I can only have so much food without not including any meat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads