• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

caktaylor

Reaction score
Kent's customer service is infuriatingly slow in an e-mail era ~_~;;;

I'm having a similar experience. It's several days between replies. I have no idea what is going on with my order. I've been trying for over a week to get it sorted; I have no idea if they (or he, Aaron) is actually doing anything with it.

Funcheese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped in the showroom for polo/rugby try-on this past Wednesday afternoon. Aaron was extremely helpful. Placed an order for a rugby that evening, received it Saturday afternoon...Fast!!!

My only concern is that the rugby I received fits a bit more trim than the one I tried on in showroom. If it holds it's size after washing it'll be fine but if it shrinks at all I'm afraid it'll be too tight.

I'd rather not return it but I'm also apprehensive about taking the risk of having it shrink and not be wearable.

Can I get some feedback about shrinkage from others? Thanks!

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
Stopped in the showroom for polo/rugby try-on this past Wednesday afternoon. Aaron was extremely helpful. Placed an order for a rugby that evening, received it Saturday afternoon...Fast!!!

My only concern is that the rugby I received fits a bit more trim than the one I tried on in showroom. If it holds it's size after washing it'll be fine but if it shrinks at all I'm afraid it'll be too tight.

I'd rather not return it but I'm also apprehensive about taking the risk of having it shrink and not be wearable.

Can I get some feedback about shrinkage from others? Thanks!

What type did you get?

The non-striped polos and rugbys, if cold washed and hang dried, have minimal shrinkage. The horizontally striped polos are made of a different material (or woven differently) and even with that same washing method still shrunk on me unfortunately, which is too bad because I love the way they feel.

Funcheese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What type did you get?

The non-striped polos and rugbys, if cold washed and hang dried, have minimal shrinkage. The horizontally striped polos are made of a different material (or woven differently) and even with that same washing method still shrunk on me unfortunately, which is too bad because I love the way they feel.

Thanks for the reply! I purchased a solid rugby, navy. I'm exceptionally careful with laundry so I'll do my usual cold, gentle and hang-dry and I'm guessing I should be fine. It's such a perfect fit right off the bat and crossing my fingers it stays that way.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd always advise caution in matters like this, as I've been there. I'm definitely not as meticulous as you seem to be, but I fear you're probably going to wind up wishing you sized up at some point down the road.

Maybe try sizing up and hot washing/drying with the intent to shrink it down a bit?

Funcheese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd always advise caution in matters like this, as I've been there. I'm definitely not as meticulous as you seem to be, but I fear you're probably going to wind up wishing you sized up at some point down the road.

Maybe try sizing up and hot washing/drying with the intent to shrink it down a bit?

Gee thanks. Have you actually owned one of the items I'm referring to? If so, then please offer your experience i.e washing/shrinkage. Otherwise you're just throwing out some vague word of caution.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gee thanks. Have you actually owned one of the items I'm referring to? If so, then please offer your experience i.e washing/shrinkage. Otherwise you're just throwing out some vague word of caution.

I love it. He gives you good advice, but it's not the advice you want, so you tell him to piss off. You will be a great addition to the community.

Funcheese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love it. He gives you good advice, but it's not the advice you want, so you tell him to piss off. You will be a great addition to the community.

Noted. However, it wasn't actually "good" advice in the sense that I was looking for feedback from someone who had experience with this item (see reply from PiCcolocV).
It was far from a "piss off."

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a polo shirt lol. KW is probably my favorite polo, but they're not magical articles of clothing that transcend the bounds of fabric composition.
Have I owned a KW polo? Yes.
Have I owned a non-KW, 100% cotton polo? Yes.

I experienced shrinkage with both, thus my word of caution. If you tell me a shirt shrinking one iota (paraphrasing, admittedly) will render it too small, I'm going to suggest you consider an option that accounts for something that occurs to some degree with virtually any cotton based clothing you buy.

In any event, it's your money, so do with it what you desire. From the way you seem to be leaning, I'll just say I hope I'm wrong, for your sake.

Funcheese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a polo shirt lol. KW is probably my favorite polo, but they're not magical articles of clothing that transcend the bounds of fabric composition.
Have I owned a KW polo? Yes.
Have I owned a non-KW, 100% cotton polo? Yes.

I experienced shrinkage with both, thus my word of caution. If you tell me a shirt shrinking one iota (paraphrasing, admittedly) will render it too small, I'm going to suggest you consider an option that accounts for something that occurs to some degree with virtually any cotton based clothing you buy.

In any event, it's your money, so do with it what you desire. From the way you seem to be leaning, I'll just say I hope I'm wrong, for your sake.

Thanks for thoughtful reply and suggestion. I'll order a large and then decide between the two.
Cheers.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
f3e7054f6e656da30ed8a574ab9540b49781be556b58b63be70f3f35bb92cf7c.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads