• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These modifications are brand new and were not available previously. So, this is my first attempt with them. Previously, I have ordered three suits and a sport coat from KW and had dialed in my fit as best I could but was not happy with it overall. Other than the length and balance, I'm much happier with what I received today.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, a few indoor pictures of the new jacket taken (unfortunately) with an IPhone at about waist height. I still think it might by 0.5 too short, or shorter than I prefer. I'm also now wondering whether to take a little out of the chest as the new modifications have eliminated the need for extra fabric in the front chest.

May 5a.jpg
May 5b.jpg
May 5d.jpg

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to judge the length with precision from that angle, but I'd keep it as it is--but +/- .5cm is a preference thing, so do what you prefer.

I do think there's room to bring the chest and waist in a bit, which would generate a bit more shape. Otherwise, looks good.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for my first MTM sports
Okay, a few indoor pictures of the new jacket taken (unfortunately) with an IPhone at about waist height. I still think it might by 0.5 too short, or shorter than I prefer. I'm also now wondering whether to take a little out of the chest as the new modifications have eliminated the need for extra fabric in the front chest.

View attachment 645595 View attachment 645596 View attachment 645597

Isn't the rule that it just needs to cover your rear end?

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tougher to assess length without full shot but I'm leaning toward it being a touch short, too. Maybe 1-3cm (maybe 1-2 in back, 2-3 in front).

The back can be cleaned up a bit by your tailor.

Overall, though, minus these nit picks, it looks fantastic. Great fabric choice, too.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to judge the length with precision from that angle, but I'd keep it as it is--but +/- .5cm is a preference thing, so do what you prefer.

I do think there's room to bring the chest and waist in a bit, which would generate a bit more shape. Otherwise, looks good.

Agreed. Essentially, I had previously added additional fabric to the front chest horizontally to deal with the prominent chest issue, but now that we've dealt with it by adding additional fabric vertically, I have anywhere from 0.5 cm to 1 cm to take out of the front chest.

I could easily see taking 0.5 cm out of the waist, but I seem to recall that the minimum waist reduction is 1.0 cm (0.5 cm front and 0.5 cm back), which I think would be too much.

I'm waiting for my first MTM sports

Isn't the rule that it just needs to cover your rear end?

The back is mostly fine. It's the front that I feel is too short. Part of it is that I had kept my jacket shorter when the front quarters were closed, so now that they are open it enhances the perception that it is too short for where I generally prefer my jackets to fall.

Tougher to assess length without full shot but I'm leaning toward it being a touch short, too. Maybe 1-3cm (maybe 1-2 in back, 2-3 in front).

The back can be cleaned up a bit by your tailor.

Overall, though, minus these nit picks, it looks fantastic. Great fabric choice, too.

I could see adding 0.5 cm in the back and 1.0 cm in the front for length, but I'd want to see how that looked before going any further. It's kind of like a trial/first jacket now with how the latest modifications changed the chest, lowered the buttoning point and opened the quarters, but I think I'm going down the right track now.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 645595 View attachment 645596 View attachment 645597
Nice fabric! It looks to me like the waist needs a little more shape. BTW, was your original fitting with KW done in person or remotely?

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice fabric! It looks to me like the waist needs a little more shape. BTW, was your original fitting with KW done in person or remotely?

I'll take it to my tailor. In cleaning up the back, she'll end up taking in the back waist enough to clean it up a little bit. I usually like my jackets a little looser with a little more drape, which does not play well for SF photography but works well for me in real life.

This was my next question.

I've done everything remotely, beginning with my first order in 2013. I've now ordered three suits and two sport coats. Like I said, though, this feels like a trial jacket to me because the new modifications have completely changed how the jacket fits me and now require new modifications elsewhere. Makes me want to order another jacket right away to get started on that.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^

I'm going to have to wear the jacket for a bit, though, as now that the buttoning point is no longer at the bottom of my rib cage, I might be able to slim the waist more than I have in the past.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For purposes of comparison, below is my last suit taken with the same camera from the same angle:

March 23b.jpg

flvinny521

Reaction score
For purposes of comparison, below is my last suit taken with the same camera from the same angle:

This is promising, because all of my RTW (non-KW) suits fit me like this, where the lapels are bowed but the back looks too wide. Was the fix simply adding more vertical space at the chest, or was there more added horizontally to the front and removed from the back simultaneously as well?

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Kent, I wore my pink polo pretty often for the past two summers and the color has faded a bit to a even lighter pink, so I am thinking about getting a new but I am too late it's all sold out. Any chance to restock large?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads