• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have the swim trunks - basically the same quality/style/shape as the Orlebar Brown Bulldog trunk at relative bargain price.  I also wish there were more colours - it would be cool if KW was able to make prints of his pocket squares for his trunks....

If that's the case, Kent needs to take on the Orelbar's original Dane spec; I'm just a bit too tall for the Bulldog.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the swim trunks - basically the same quality/style/shape as the Orlebar Brown Bulldog trunk at relative bargain price. I also wish there were more colours - it would be cool if KW was able to make prints of his pocket squares for his trunks....
+2 on the more colors.

While it may not be a financially wise choice on Kent's end, I'd also love to see inseam options

Cityplace

Reaction score
If that's the case, Kent needs to take on the Orelbar's original Dane spec; I'm just a bit too tall for the Bulldog.
How tall are you? I'm 6"3 and I think the Bulldog/KW Trunk inseam length looks fine for a trunk. Granted, they probably are too short for regular day-to-day shorts - but for actually going to the beach/swimming pool, it looks great and retro/modern.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How tall are you? I'm 6"3 and I think the Bulldog/KW Trunk inseam length looks fine for a trunk. Granted, they probably are too short for regular day-to-day shorts - but for actually going to the beach/swimming pool, it looks great and retro/modern.

I'm 6'3 too, however ... ... I just can't do the shorter inseam trunks. I'm happy for those of you who can, and y'all probably look great in them, but not me.

I'm not asking for knee length board shorts, just a tad more.

Cityplace

Reaction score
I'm 6'3 too, however ... ... I just can't do the shorter inseam trunks. I'm happy for those of you who can, and y'all probably look great in them, but not me.

I'm not asking for knee length board shorts, just a tad more.

No worries - I hear you and when I first received them I thought wow, it's getting very Euro in here - but when actually within the context of the beach/pool it seems fine.

Johnsson

Reaction score
Heh, I would actually prefer shorter, but I feel like the bulldog length has the widest appeal and therefore makes the most sense for KW to stock.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the black pearl links this weekend. My primary takeaway is how it creates a gunmetal sort of hue on natural light. Makes them much more versatile than a true black in my opinion. Can't wait to give them their maiden voyage.

NKRavn

Reaction score
Good day

I would like to buy a polo from Kent Wang and i've been looking at his measuring guide, telling me to size up 1 size, compared to other american designs.

Normally in ralph lauren, I use both L and XL in slim fit models.

Should I then go with XXL from Kent Wang?

Here are my measurements: (Got them right here, since I just ordered a tailored shirt)

In Centimeters:

Neck: 42
Chest: 111
Waist: 100
Hip:102
Length: 75
Shoulders: 48
Sleeve: 64

I would like it to fit good and sporty, not look baggy. That is why I don't know if I should go for the XL or the XXL with these measurements.

I hope that someone can help

ASNY2VA

Reaction score
Good day

I would like to buy a polo from Kent Wang and i've been looking at his measuring guide, telling me to size up 1 size, compared to other american designs.

Normally in ralph lauren, I use both L and XL in slim fit models.

Should I then go with XXL from Kent Wang?

Here are my measurements: (Got them right here, since I just ordered a tailored shirt)

In Centimeters:

Neck: 42
Chest: 111
Waist: 100
Hip:102
Length: 75
Shoulders: 48
Sleeve: 64

I would like it to fit good and sporty, not look baggy. That is why I don't know if I should go for the XL or the XXL with these measurements.

I hope that someone can help

Johnsson

Reaction score
Count another +1 for sizing up. For reference, I'm typically a Small or a 38 (including KW jackets) and the Medium fits me quite well.

My only caveat is the sleeve width; based on how the sleeves fit my only slightly larger than average biceps, I have doubts that sizing up will be enough if you have really big pythons.

Likely from sizing up, the waist is also the slightest bit big on me (big drop / flat stomach). It's definitely still very trim compared to most brands. I want to wash it a few times before I decide, but I may have it taken in a smidgen.

Apart from that, the fabric is at least on par with similarly priced brands, the MOP buttons are great, and the collar is truly outstanding.

roquesoon

Reaction score
Also curious about a restock on the Great Wave in wool/silk. I have a couple weddings coming up fast though, so I may just have to pick up a regular one. Such a great square.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I love my wool-silk GW. Gets worn than any of my other KW squares (10ish). Probably more than the next three most worn combined.

But apparently it didn't sell as well as I'd hoped (this encouraging him to stock more w/s squares)

MDisciple87

Reaction score
Posted this in the Proper Cloth thread as well, but any idea whether these Kent Wang reversible studs would work with the Proper Cloth tuxedo shirts?

The studs are 12mm and the Proper Cloth holes are smaller at 9mm. I just don't understand if this is designed to keep the studs from falling out of the holes and thus keeping the shirt fastened or if they truly wouldn't actually fit through the holes in the first place.

http://www.kentwang.com/cuff-links/black-onyx-and-mother-of-pearl-studs.html

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member