• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like ticket pockets. I've found that a lot of people on SF don't like them, but never got any really good explanations as to why. Usually when I post pics of jackets with ticket pockets, people tell me it would look better without it. It's a stylistic choice, so I've accepted that some people just won't like them. I can't change that off my current jacket, but like New Shoes said, you can do mostly anything you want with regards to pocket options on an individual order.

Personally I just find the look cleaner without them. :cheers:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did you use Angel for the alterations?

We're you happy with him and the service?

Yes I did! He was very good and finished everything quickly. I actually snapped this picture in the dressing room there. Pretty expensive though, $45 just for a hem and slight taper below the knees.

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Personally I just find the look cleaner without them. :cheers:

I can see that, maybe one of these days I'll try one without a ticket pocket. I have a blazer with patch pockets and I like the look of that, but all my jackets with flap pockets as of right now have ticket pockets

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is that jacket style/cut for order as an odd jacket? And what would be the cost?

Probably replace with patch hip pockets

irock7777

Reaction score
Il be ordering my fifth KW MTM soon and have played with many of the options except adding flap ticket pocket. I have other OTR suits with them and like them, however the KW one seems like there is just a touch too much space between the reg pockets and the ticket pocket. Is that just me who thinks that. After seeing it i probably wont ever choose it as an option. I could change me mind though.

EDIT. I should have looked before speaking. My two suits with ticket pockets have about the same space. Ignore me please. Will be posting pics of my last two KW suits this week

Last edited:

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just received 4 grenadine ties from Kent Wang, great ties!

brown, burgundy, silver and navy.

my silver is more like a light brown for some reason.

irock7777

Reaction score
Quote:
This pic above was posted earlier this year. Bloew i really like

Im trying to figure out what shoulder to go with next. Ive had three soft and one ropped. Im not in love with the soft shoulder and the ropped might have been too much. I have very strong athletic shoulders. I do know i need to take in my shoulder adjustment on the next suit. Im looking for a shoulder like the pics above. I like how the shoulder seam has a lip to it. Sorry im sure there is a more approriate way to descripe that. Would that be the normal shoulder possibly? Or maybe i need to take in my measurements and try the ropped again

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post pictures of the roped and soft shoulders on you, and we can offer suggestions on what works best for you as well as other options.

irock7777

Reaction score
Post pictures of the roped and soft shoulders on you, and we can offer suggestions on what works best for you as well as other options.
Ah good call. Here you go.

Soft(ignore the ugo tie/square combo)

Ropped

Maybe just taking in the shoulder a bit would make me like one better

Last edited:

irock7777

Reaction score
Here is my one of my newest from last week. I need to take a better picture because the jacket isnt pulling as bad in the chest like the pic shows.(It fits like the pics above)

Soft shoulder

Edit: I found my orignal test suit pics. This is with a normal should correct? The below pic has a shoulder measurment about 1inch less than the three above pics. Im thinking we added too much

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the shoulder on this one best, but the narrow lapels, the fact the lapels are bowing and the overall tightness in the jacket need to be corrected in future orders.

Also, a question on the roped shoulder. Does it have a significant amount of padding and structure to it? The picture suggests it does, which is why it does not appear to flatter you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads