• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hotel Guy

Reaction score
I love these shoes.

irock7777

Reaction score
Question regarding MTM suit order turnaround. Once you place your order via Kents website. How long does it typically take to finalize the order with Kents MTM people. Please assume Kent already has your measurments stored and this is not your first purchase

What i mean by finalize is. Selecting your fabric, tweaking any sizes/options, paying for fabric cost increase(if ordering a fabric not on the main site). ANd then finally having the order submitted for creation. Should this take a few days? 2 weeks, 3 weeks?

Last edited:

irock7777

Reaction score
Well no actually. From purchasing a suit from the SS14 fabrics and paying for the fabric and having that order submitted for creation.Maybe throw in a question or two to the MTM email person (Just the actuall process of ordering not how long it takes to make the suit)

Last edited:

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well no actually. From purchasing a suit from the SS14 fabrics and paying for the fabric and having that order submitted for creation.Maybe throw in a question or two to the MTM email person (Just the actuall process of ordering not how long it takes to make the suit) 

Less than a week. I always tell Kent my order and my measurement adjustments within the same email. He then sends me a paypal invoice, then I have received an "order submitted" email within a day of paying.

irock7777

Reaction score
Less than a week. I always tell Kent my order and my measurement adjustments within the same email. He then sends me a paypal invoice, then I have received an "order submitted" email within a day of paying.
Do you always know what farbic you will choose or do you ever ask for suggestions or swatches?

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided I needed loafers for the spring and I'm debating whether or not to get the handgrade loafers or CJ sydneys. If this was Burgundy it would be easier call but since I already have a brown museum calf and no CJ shoes I'm thinking it over. If I get the loafers I'll post some pictures. The more I look at other brands, really seems like a great deal for $450.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When do you plan on wearing the loafers? Both the DC and CJ could be worn with dress slacks as well as casual wear although I think the CJs will work better with dress trousers and DC better in casual environment. I am basing this primarily on the lighter colored edges of the DC that are not captured well on KW's website.

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
I decided I needed loafers for the spring and I'm debating whether or not to get the handgrade loafers or CJ sydneys. If this was Burgundy it would be easier call but since I already have a brown museum calf and no CJ shoes I'm thinking it over. If I get the loafers I'll post some pictures. The more I look at other brands, really seems like a great deal for $450.
I am literally in the exact same boat, want a med-brown loafer that can go well with both blazer/tie look, and a well fitting pair of indigo jeans and a polo. Strongly considering the KW, but haven't heard or seen any reviews/pics of people that have bought them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads