• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have a 38 jacket/suit made from KW with standard lapels to compare mine to? 

Wanting to go standard but I think my linen sports coat has slightly bigger.. not wide, but not a measurement for regular width either. Which I actually like.

Look back for my pictures as I have standard lapels. Also look for my pink shirt challenge picture posted Thursday night. That is one of my KW suits. The suits I have are mostly based on a 38 with a little 40 thrown in (so if kent had a 39, I suspect it would be similar).

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is Kent on vacation? I sent him an e-mail the other day, but it has been awhile

Xtra

Reaction score
I often read here that suits in navy and charcoal are useful colours to start out with.

I currently have a mid grey suit and a navy suit and was thinking of getting a charcoal suit from KW.

KW stocks 27 charcoal fabrics on their website, but for a first suit in charcoal I guess a plain suiting/fabric is preferred.

Of those I like charcoal herringbone, the charcoal pick-and-pick, charcoal twill (both, the one for 750$ and the 820$ fabric) and the charcoal melange. The dark charcoal herringbone also looks quite nice.

I'm thinking that maybe the pick-and-pick looks a bit rough for a suit, maybe a better fabric for SC's?

I'm a bit uncertain but I think that a plain charcoal suit might be a good addition to my suit wardrobe. (only 2 atm, seldom wear suits)

Of these fabrics posted here, which would be the best "fit" for me, do you think?

Last edited:

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would go with the plain charcoal, the RTW one offered on Kent's site. I would avoid herringbone. Pick and pick is nice and still good for a suit. I would still go with the plain one though.

As for whether this is a good addition to your wardrobe, I think a charcoal suit is a wardrobe essential, assuming you have a need for a suit at all. You say you seldom wear suits. You already have 2, one of which is navy. Do you own a navy odd jacket yet? Would you have an opportunity to wear one more often than a suit?

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered a MTM jacket/suit successfully in one go (I.e without having to send it backwards and forth for adjustments?)

Is be interested to hear if this is possible
You don't send it back and forth for adjustments, you have to take it to the tailor.

It took me one jacket to get it right. I had to remove excess back fabric, raise armholes, lengthen sleeves and jacket. All of this was either .5cm or 1cm so not much to fret about.

eta:

Wanted to add, it's very possible. A lot of people are extremely happy with their fit. One fitting will get you better than any OTR. The next one is as close to perfect as you will get I'm sure. Kent suggests mine and I'm extremely happy with them all. I'm just sad I can't order the next jacket until I'm a little more stable. Maybe a month.

These ******* group buys get to me.

Last edited:

inq89

Reaction score
I've been waiting to buy a black polo in Large since they've been sold out and the supposed restock date was June the 30th. However many of the sizes and colors are still sold out as of today. I did see a restock date for July the 8th on the Light Blue polo so hopefully it'll all be replenished by then.

Last edited:

AbeFroeman

Reaction score
Quote:

I'm at the other end of the spectrum in terms of fit. +4-6 cm in length on sleeves and coat. +4-5 cm rise on trousers. 1-2 cm changes everywhere. I'm tall and skinny, and tough to fit.

Despite this, every suit has been better than RTW, and my 3rd was really nice, minimal alterations. And some 0.5-1.0 cm changes for next time.

This works.

elstinnett

Reaction score
Anyone ordered a suit or sport coat with smoked mother of pearl buttons? Considering going with them for an upcoming navy sport coat I'm ordering.

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone ordered a suit or sport coat with smoked mother of pearl buttons?  Considering going with them for an upcoming navy sport coat I'm ordering.

I placed an order for a linen navy blazer with smoked MOP buttons on Friday. I think it will look good.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed an order for a linen navy blazer with smoked MOP buttons on Friday. I think it will look good.
Link to fabric? Been looking for the same.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads