• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you.

Are there any other fit pictures of the Trial Suit?

you can view the jacket ones here, just a few posts above:

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
1668104907212.png

New tan color of our touchscreen-compatible deerskin gloves, as reviewed in New York Times—Wirecutter:
We like the classically designed Kent Wang Deerskin Gloves, which are made of calf leather and deerskin… The Kent Wang gloves’ deerskin exterior shed moisture and prevented water stains better than most other leather gloves… Both sets of leather gloves fit our testers’ hands well, with a little more give in the knuckles and palms than other leather gloves, which can be too constricting. This helps with typing dexterity and means you’re less likely to take the gloves off in frustration when responding to a quick Slack message or an email.

Attachments

• 1668104908028.png
    1668104908028.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 162

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any estimates on what temperature these gloves would be good for for driving and things like that?
This is highly personal as it really depends on what you're doing, how much time you're spending outside, etc. If you're in New York City and going from a building, walking 20 minutes, then into the subway, you'll be fine even the coldest day of the year.

If you're hiking for several hours, then presumably you'll have a big coat, so that if it's too cold, you could alway stick your hands into your coat pockets.

Honestly, we've never had anyone report that the gloves were not warm enough.

harorld

Reaction score
I need a few long sleeved polos and sweaters for winter. I want to try the KW rugby shirts. Does KW do Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In our 15 years of operation, we have never held a Black Friday sale. We believe it’s better to have one low price all the time. There’s no need to wait for a sale, because our prices are low year-round.

If you're thinking about the upcoming holiday season, one-size accessories take the stress out of gift-giving. From familiar classics like ties, pocket squares, and watches to rarities like our ebony chopsticks, we have your perfect gift. For the ladies in your life, our sunglasses and scarves are unisex.

New Yorkers may visit our showroom, where you can buy most of our items right away. Still stumped? Gift certificates are available in any denomination.

1669011089942.png

Attachments

• 1669011003582.png
    1669011003582.png
    616.3 KB · Views: 100

emptym

Reaction score
Kent said it'd be OK to post this:

I've been looking for a dark green knit tie with off-white/pale gold dots (green and white are common, but I don't love the combo). Kent said his maker could do this (or other) color combinations as long as we get twelve orders. The maker charges a $300 setup fee, which divided by 12 is $25 each. Kent would charge us is regular rate of $70, plus the $25, which makes it $95 per tie.

Here's a couple pics of what I have in mind:
blackcouk-designer--Green-Polka-Dot-Knitted-Silk-Tie.jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 8.11.38 PM.png

If you're interested please let me know here in the thread or by pm. Thanks Kent and anyone interested!

Last edited:

Moo Wenwu

Reaction score
Hi, I was hoping to receive some guidance regarding a rather confusing series of interactions with the MTM program.

First, I understand how difficult it can be to manage communications in an already busy time of the year. However, I am somewhat concerned by the lack of response—and more recently, discrepancies in already established communication.

Today, I received an invoice for $810 (+15 shipping) for a sport jacket the MTM coordinator (Aaron) and I agreed upon. However, in our previous communication and on the website, it should be CL3 ($795). I know it's "only" $15, but I'm just somewhat anxious and disappointed there is a discrepancy between what was advertised and what the actual invoice came down to.

My biggest concern is the lack of communication between the MTM operation and customers. Very often, I will have to send 5+ emails and wait anywhere from hours to a week to receive a response regarding fit, fabric selection, etc. Additionally, fit details were not always consistent. (How does Aaron keep track of these fit notes? Is there a better way to optimize and to be updated?)

Finally, I only bring this up as a concern after all these weeks of anxiety because of the following last email I received:

"
Thanks for writing.

Invoice now sent.

Please write again after you pay.

Regards
"

The tone of this email suggests I am only a valued customer if I pay this invoice. This is especially confusing given how Aaron has already asked me to return the trial garment. Does my previous trial jacket purchase not count toward the credit to this new invoice? I have decided to return the jacket via the returns portal (which I was only aware of thanks to another purchase), and I am reconsidering not even following through with this MTM jacket.

Let's disregard how many other Kent Wang products I have already purchased (polos, shoe items, a MTM shirt, etc.)... I take this recent interaction especially as very condescending to loyal customers.

When I look back on old posts in this thread, I have noticed this has been a pattern for many old Kent Wang customers. Given how important the MTM operation is for Kent Wang, I hope the team reconsiders how to structure this operation to keep customers returning.

Edit:
I’ve since received a follow-up about some of my inquiries. I appreciate the turnaround, but I wish I didn’t have to seemingly put pressure on this thread to get a response. (Also, my name is wrong in this last email. It’s a bit sad to see this as being understaffed to the point where it’s hard to keep track of customers? I am wondering how measurements are being kept track of?)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 1.18.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 1.18.26 PM.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 1.21.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 1.21.44 PM.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

ZzzRain

Reaction score
Hi, I was hoping to receive some guidance regarding a rather confusing series of interactions with the MTM program.

First, I understand how difficult it can be to manage communications in an already busy time of the year. However, I am somewhat concerned by the lack of response—and more recently, discrepancies in already established communication.

Today, I received an invoice for $810 (+15 shipping) for a sport jacket the MTM coordinator (Aaron) and I agreed upon. However, in our previous communication and on the website, it should be CL3 ($795). I know it's "only" $15, but I'm just somewhat anxious and disappointed there is a discrepancy between what was advertised and what the actual invoice came down to.

My biggest concern is the lack of communication between the MTM operation and customers. Very often, I will have to send 5+ emails and wait anywhere from hours to a week to receive a response regarding fit, fabric selection, etc. Additionally, fit details were not always consistent. (How does Aaron keep track of these fit notes? Is there a better way to optimize and to be updated?)

Finally, I only bring this up as a concern after all these weeks of anxiety because of the following last email I received:

"
Thanks for writing.

Invoice now sent.

Please write again after you pay.

Regards
"

The tone of this email suggests I am only a valued customer if I pay this invoice. This is especially confusing given how Aaron has already asked me to return the trial garment. Does my previous trial jacket purchase not count toward the credit to this new invoice? I have decided to return the jacket via the returns portal (which I was only aware of thanks to another purchase), and I am reconsidering not even following through with this MTM jacket.

Let's disregard how many other Kent Wang products I have already purchased (polos, shoe items, a MTM shirt, etc.)... I take this recent interaction especially as very condescending to loyal customers.

When I look back on old posts in this thread, I have noticed this has been a pattern for many old Kent Wang customers. Given how important the MTM operation is for Kent Wang, I hope the team reconsiders how to structure this operation to keep customers returning.
I have to say that I got similar experience even after 2 times of MTM.

gimpwiz

Reaction score
Just got myself a set of gloves. And a set of chopsticks for the house. And happy the MOP links are back in stock, which they weren't a year or so ago. Always nice buying from Kent.

aaronatKW

Reaction score
Hello @james.darley @ZzzRain @Moo Wenwu!

Aaron here, with a few notes.

We strive to respond to queries within 24-48 hours. But at times we have not. For that, I apologize and will be reaching out to each of you individually.

The $15 price difference that Moo noted above was due to his choice of a specific lapel buttonhole, which, as the design options form explains, costs $15. Very few of our design options bear any extra cost.

Moo was mistakenly not credited for his trial jacket payment, but that has since been resolved.

I hope that the posters and all readers will give us a chance, or a second chance, in the near future.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads