• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

@dieworkwear You got a ring coat in 2? I was debating between a 1 or a 2. Both seem fine in length. I'm 5'9" and take a small in pretty much everything. anyone else have input for a good size to get? Johnathan from Bandanna recommended a 2, and I'm leaning towards that right now. But I don't know.

Yea, I have a size 2. For reference, I'm 5'10, weigh 150-155lbs, and 37" in the chest. From measurements, I was pretty sure I needed a size 1, but I tried it on at Unionmade once and thought it was too short and trim. IMO, the Ring Coat looks better when it's oversized, slouchy, and almost enveloping.

Have tried maybe ten Kapital items and, so far, have been a size 2 in everything. So if you've tried other items, you could fall back on your regular Kapital size.

TBH, I think you'd have to be really short and thin to make the size 1 work.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks. I was actually looking at UM and how they said it was a small, so it's good to hear you went with a 2. I think I'm on a try and pick one up soon.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm also 5'9 and will be purchasing a size 2...eventually

What you getting?? I have my eyes on the cotton green with yellow hood now but it is $$$

I'm looking at the navy wool blanket one but it's $$$ even from Japan. I think that I prefer the wool ones. This particular one doesn't have flap pockets which I like a bit more.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted about this on the Recent Purchases thread, but neglected to post this here:

Last month, I finally dipped my hand into the proverbial Kapital pool of indigo dye. My first piece wound up being this IDG Jersey Sashiko v-neck t-shirt, from what I believe to be the SS16 season.

What drew me to this t-shirt is the asymmetric sashiko stitching along the collar.

I tried it on at Blue Button Shop and I really liked it, but I just couldn't stomach the price. ($313 CAD after taxes!) Yet I thought about it every so often over the course of a few months.

Then they suddenly did a one-day discount, where I proceeded to break down and rushed over to the shop.

I can't wait until it warms up. I'm thinking of pairing it with shorts, as well as dark blue denim.

There are a couple of other pieces I'm eyeing once I procure enough funds, one of those being a ring coat - my reliable second opinion (my sister) be damned. Here's hoping I don't fall in (too hard).

Last edited:

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just purchased this corduroy kung fu jacket. Technically it's in the women's section but it probably counts more as a unisex piece as it's one size, and the measurements between the women's cord one vs men's shrunken wool one are just 1-2" in length and sleeve length, which I think is fine considering that the men's version is very oversized. The women's should still be nicely oversized but just a bit trimmer, and I think the cord fabric and green color are much more interesting. Corduroy also has fantastic fading when it's worn often, so I'm pretty excited.

Still can't find the ring coat that I want at a decent price, so I'm just waiting to see if it ever gets restocked on the website.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can see how it fits on this model (she's about 5'3"). The black wool is the men's version.

I think I like the length and cuff size of the women's better, but as you can see, they're basically the same.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You can see how it fits on this model (she's about 5'3"). The black wool is the men's version.

I think I like the length and cuff size of the women's better, but as you can see, they're basically the same.

I like both and would happily wear either slightly oversized.

Shirts Anderson

Reaction score
Anyone come across this sweater in the US? New to Kapital and I don't want to take a flyer on an overseas proxy purchase before I get a better sense of the way the brand fits...

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone come across this sweater in the US? New to Kapital and I don't want to take a flyer on an overseas proxy purchase before I get a better sense of the way the brand fits...

Think measurements are your friend in this instance

apcosf

Reaction score
Anyone have any information about the purpose and availability of this Kountry Remake stuff? There are a bunch of pieces in there that I think are just impossibly beautiful and I want to know more about this collection. I'm seeing them physically in stores on IG so it seems like it's out there in the real world but might not be something we can ever buy online?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads