• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2007 Piece I think but still love this era of camp blanket inspired jackets they did. Currently for sale on Trefac Japan.
2021012015485802201.jpg

why you do this, mustn’t spend but 20k ain’t bad.

edit: luckily it’s probably too small

Last edited:

planetarium

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Old Man & the Sea bucket hat fits big heads (size 7 5/8 & larger)?

Its listed as one size.

Don't have the bucket, but the standard cap version varies greatly between denim and chino. The denim one fits my big head like a dream, but my green chino one is less deep and has a smaller circumference so it sits higher and isn't so secure. I've tried different styles on numerous times in Japan and at Cotton Sheep and the difference between the fabrics has been pretty consistent. Can't say with 100% certainty, but the denim bucket might fit you while the chino one in the link above won't.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Don't have the bucket, but the standard cap version varies greatly between denim and chino. The denim one fits my big head like a dream, but my green chino one is less deep and has a smaller circumference so it sits higher and isn't so secure. I've tried different styles on numerous times in Japan and at Cotton Sheep and the difference between the fabrics has been pretty consistent. Can't say with 100% certainty, but the denim bucket might fit you while the chino one in the link above won't.

thanks! i live near cotton sheep. I'll swing by and try some on. I always forget they get a good amount of kapital stock

conqueror

Reaction score
i also have a massive head and echo the comments re: denim vs 'chino' material; the latter definitely fits smaller, unfortunately. as an aside, TCB make similar but more traditionally repro designs (e.g. daisy maes) in a variety of fabrics up to XL. great quality for the price, too.

Last edited:

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I got this a couple months ago, but lost on how I should style it. Not sure about lower half, and this Cottle hoody is the only thing I can think of that looks good with it up top.
6F25F071-D77E-4BF8-90AD-06486C55864C.jpeg

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I got this a couple months ago, but lost on how I should style it. Not sure about lower half, and this Cottle hoody is the only thing I can think of that looks good with it up top. View attachment 1545737

Hard to say with that angle and cropped pic... But I think it looks pretty good right there if that's the look you're going for. I would imagine that this would go with most pants/shoes, as long as they're not too slim fit.

Question of personal taste of course, but I wouldn't roll back the cuff to flash your watch...

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to say with that angle and cropped pic... But I think it looks pretty good right there if that's the look you're going for. I would imagine that this would go with most pants/shoes, as long as they're not too slim fit.

Question of personal taste of course, but I wouldn't roll back the cuff to flash your watch...
The arms are too long otherwise,

I feel like the piece is more streetwear and don’t think it fits in wearing denim and boots.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I feel like the piece is more streetwear and don’t think it fits in wearing denim and boots.

So, you kinda answered your own question there... ? Go with what you like. After all it's Kapital, just mix it with whatever.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I got this a couple months ago, but lost on how I should style it. Not sure about lower half, and this Cottle hoody is the only thing I can think of that looks good with it up top. View attachment 1545737

Dude that ******* bandana jacket stands on it's own. Don't worry about anything else. Just like, wear some **** and then throw that on over it and rock it. Unzipped/unbuttoned cuz that's how cool people do.

I think the principal way to wear that jacket is to be like "I got a kap bandana jacket and it's ******* awesome". And then like, throw it over absolutely anything and be like "look at my ******* awesome bandana jacket". Don't worry about making things mesh or match colors or whatever. Just wear that awesome jacket.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude that ******* bandana jacket stands on it's own. Don't worry about anything else. Just like, wear some **** and then throw that on over it and rock it. Unzipped/unbuttoned cuz that's how cool people do.

I think the principal way to wear that jacket is to be like "I got a kap bandana jacket and it's ******* awesome". And then like, throw it over absolutely anything and be like "look at my ******* awesome bandana jacket". Don't worry about making things mesh or match colors or whatever. Just wear that awesome jacket.

Exactly this.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you're worrying about how long the arms are on that jacket, like, maybe it's not right for you. That's not the point. If you're worried about is this sizing/silhoutte on or off bye 0.5cm like, **** dude kapital is not like that. Just like, relax, wear it cuz it's awesome, embrace the not right fit of it. Be cool.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I apologize, i've had a couple beverages tonight so I think perhaps my tone and posts were maybe too direct and blunt. But that being said, I think they are also still 110% to the point correct.

edit: I regret nothing.
edit: not 100% to the point correct, 110% to the point correct.

Last edited:

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're worrying about how long the arms are on that jacket, like, maybe it's not right for you. That's not the point. If you're worried about is this sizing/silhoutte on or off bye 0.5cm like, **** dude kapital is not like that. Just like, relax, wear it cuz it's awesome, embrace the not right fit of it. Be cool.

Exactly!

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol understood. I love the jacket. It’s a stand out piece for me. 2nd Kapital piece I have owned. 1st being the monkey Cisco century denim in 123 color way

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads