• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Is this the spread collar or semi-spread? While we're at it just tell me exactly what shirt this is, if you wouldn't mind. I'm waffling on about 3 of their white dress shirts.

it would be my pleasure. :)

i bought it at the store, not online, but im pretty darn sure its this:

http://shop.kamakurashirts.com/goods_en_usd_709.html

so i guess its the regular spread. the cloth is the oxford cloth. not pinpoint oxford, but full, thick, robust, oxford goodness. i am super satisfied will all 3 kamakura shirts i have. love em.

soooooooooo, stop waffling and start kopping!

jimanchower

Reaction score
Has anybody returned items purchased online to Kamakura? Any suggestions on what service to use for that international shipment?

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Canadians beware, apparently my christmas gift of two shirts got a slew of tax slapped on top, a good $69.60 worth.
Seems as though folks in the US don't get nailed for customs, I guess Japan-US trade relations are better than Canada-Japan...

Ship to a US address if possible, might save you what cost my family.

lexmann

Reaction score

Canadians beware, apparently my christmas gift of two shirts got a slew of tax slapped on top, a good $69.60 worth. 
Seems as though folks in the US don't get nailed for customs, I guess Japan-US trade relations are better than Canada-Japan... 

Thanks for the heads up. I was trying to order 2 shirts from them.

thirdman

Reaction score

FWIW I've had two orders of one and two shirts arrive with no extra charges (no taxes, duty, brokerage). You might've been unlucky, or I was lucky.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

no long time buyer, and im probably fatter than you, but the 16.5/36.5 fits me perfectly.

Aye, but I have been trying to figure out if they changed the fit at all beyond the arm length. I may go ahead and order a new one to test since I can always return.

The shirt I own fits fairly well, just a tad shorter then I like in sleeve and a little tight in the shoulders post wash.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kop more kops, mouse.

garymyman

Reaction score
This has probably been covered but I can't recall:

Does anyone in the US have experience calling the store and ordering from their stocks rather than online? They're out of my size online and I want to do a phone order, but not sure that's possible. Thanks!

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For NYC folks, Kamakura had an amazing deal today! Not sure how long it runs. Spend over $100 and get a cashmere scarf (reg. price $100) for free! Got the chambray shirt ($79) and a pocket square ($30) to get over $100 and got a scarf for my wife for xmas for free.

click here

Reaction score
Are these shirt mostly designed to be wore tucked? I'm looking for a shorter length casual shirt that I can wear untucked...will the Vintage Ivy be what I am after?

Last edited:

Wade

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that shirt but the shirts that are in neck sizes are dress shirt length and I find the linen shirts (in s,m,l, etc) more casual since length is shorter

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are these shirt mostly designed to be wore tucked? I'm looking for a shorter length casual shirt that I can wear untucked...will the Vintage Ivy be what I am after?

The Vintage Ivy it's shorter that the other cuts, but definitely longer compared to other BD sport shirts I own.
It's doesn't look bad untucked but if you are looking for a very short fit you will have to alter them.

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Vintage Ivy it's shorter that the other cuts, but definitely longer compared to other BD sport shirts I own.
It's doesn't look bad untucked but if you are looking for a very short fit you will have to alter them.

How do these fit vs Rugby or Gant Hugger fits? I was thinking about Tokyo Slim Fit in 14 1/2 or 15, but the chest size on the website says 32" for 14 1/2, that seems tiny, unless they are measuring a different way or if I am supposed to use the 40" chest size to the left?

http://kamakurashirts.com/styleguide/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads