• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jujujoo11

Reaction score

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://www.styleforum.net/t/301578/john-lobb-dark-brown-museum-calf-polish/30

Someone on this board has a picture on the thread link above.  I really like the black museum pantina on the monk, since its technically a informal shoes.  When I checked it out in the store, I compared it to the brown and plum and it was very sharp... Thats all I can describe it.  Color didn't matter it had shape and class.

Thx you I saw some one post JL jodhpur black museum calf on IG it was very very nice that why I asked thx you once again.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is your thought on these? I was sent pictures of this pair that was made bespoke by John Lobb Paris. Someone is offering these to me and apparently the person who had them ordered died before ever getting to wear them. They apparently will fit someone around as US 13-14 so I'm just waiting to get the exact measurements to compare to my current shoes.

Do you think these shoes may be worth jumping on and if so, what are your thoughts on an offer for them? Anyone know the current going price for JL Paris bespoke?

Thanks and sorry if the pics aren't that great but this is all I was sent.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What is your thought on these? I was sent pictures of this pair that was made bespoke by John Lobb Paris. Someone is offering these to me and apparently the person who had them ordered died before ever getting to wear them. They apparently will fit someone around as US 13-14 so I'm just waiting to get the exact measurements to compare to my current shoes. Do you think these shoes may be worth jumping on and if so, what are your thoughts on an offer for them? Anyone know the current going price for JL Paris bespoke? Thanks and sorry if the pics aren't that great but this is all I was sent.
would be a steal if they fit. what were you thinking of offering?

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For some reason I'm really loving museum black chapel...  Looks so slick.  I know black shoes are kinda shun on this forum but Some how I'm drawn to it.  Hope im not the only one.

I personally like black shoes also especially with grays. Black is a regular part of my rotation in shoes. Black museum or black misty does offer a nice twist to it also

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MW if you pass send the info along...though I think you're narrow

I forget what size are you usually?

I'm waiting to get the measurements back but I can let you know if they don't seem like they will fit me. Yes i'm extremely narrow. About a 14AA or AAA in US sizing.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
would be a steal if they fit. what were you thinking of offering?

i'm not really sure what to offer. That is what i was going to ask you guys. haha

I don't know what the current price of JL Paris Bespoke is in the first place.

I want a huge discount on them because I doubt that they will ever be able to sell them if they are such a long and narrow size, so it would need to work out very well for me too!

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last time I was quoted on lobb bespoke it was ariund $7,000. However since these aren't actually bespoke to you I wouldn't go higher than $1500. I may be low balling but considering the circumstances

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last time I was quoted on lobb bespoke it was ariund $7,000. However since these aren't actually bespoke to you I wouldn't go higher than $1500. I may be low balling but considering the circumstances

I wouldn't even go that high unless you could try them on first. Chances are they are not going to fit you, or at least one of the shoes will not fit. When shoes are customized to someone's feet, very hard to get a suitable fit on someone else's foot.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was quoted around $7200 for standard calf leather oxford bespoke shoe last weekend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads