• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The thing is I already pulled the trigger MTO with the deep blue misty, without seeing in real life..  no idea how it will age..  I bought it to be a alternative to black shoes.

Its Lobb, i wouldnt be concerned about the quality of the leather or how it will age as they probably use some of the best if not the best quality leather out there. As long as you like the style of shoe you bought the leather will be just fine.

I also think blue makes a nice alternarive to black esp paired with grays

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody going to go to the bespoke event JL is having in their US stores this weekend and next?

jujujoo11

Reaction score
Its Lobb, i wouldnt be concerned about the quality of the leather or how it will age as they probably use some of the best if not the best quality leather out there. As long as you like the style of shoe you bought the leather will be just fine.

I also think blue makes a nice alternarive to black esp paired with grays
I'm not worried about the leather quality more about the color and how it will look as it ages. I always had good experience with JL leather.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a picture or experience of DEEP Blue Misty Calf?? I can't see the blue on this shoe. Most look just black.

You are correct. I once had the Deep Blue Misty Lopez loafers and they looked black 99% of the time. I ditched them soon after buying as I couldn't find anything to team them with.

Also, the JL Misty Calf has a "plasticky"- "shiny" look I didn't find cool. The leather it self is much stronger than the Museum Calf though, it feels more "tightened" and is less prone to creasing though, IMO anyway.

jujujoo11

Reaction score
You are correct. I once had the Deep Blue Misty Lopez loafers and they looked black 99% of the time. I ditched them soon after buying as I couldn't find anything to team them with.

Also, the JL Misty Calf has a "plasticky"- "shiny" look I didn't find cool. The leather it self is much stronger than the Museum Calf though, it feels more "tightened" and is less prone to creasing though, IMO anyway.
Thanks Nikola, I bought the shoes to wear as like a black shoe. Were you not able to team with your outfit beacause it was blue or black?

In your experience would you be able to pull this shoe off as black? Thanks.

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Nikola, I bought the shoes to wear as like a black shoe.  Were you not able to team with your outfit beacause it was blue or black?

In your experience would you be able to pull this shoe off as black?  Thanks.

Juju which model you get in blue misty? Just wondering

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ditched them because I thought it was a good idea to have a blue calf shoes, but as stated they were black most of the time when I wanted them to just be blue. Also, that was a few years ago when I only found out about the JL and didn't have a built up taste and knowledge of what I truly want. Also, buying the Lopez style in deep blue was not a good idea.

I am not sure what style exactly you bought. If they are a Oxford or Derby shoes they can easily go as a black at the evening/night or as bit of a twist with a charcoal suit during the day.

jujujoo11

Reaction score
I ditched them because I thought it was a good idea to have a blue calf shoes, but as stated they were black most of the time when I wanted them to just be blue. Also, that was a few years ago when I only found out about the JL and didn't have a built up taste and knowledge of what I truly want. Also, buying the Lopez style in deep blue was not a good idea.

I am not sure what style exactly you bought. If they are a Oxford or Derby shoes they can easily go as a black at the evening/night or as bit of a twist with a charcoal suit during the day.
I ordered the new Archer model on 8000 last Deep blue misty calf. It is pretty much a new version of the Luffield 8000.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I ditched them because I thought it was a good idea to have a blue calf shoes, but as stated they were black most of the time when I wanted them to just be blue. Also, that was a few years ago when I only found out about the JL and didn't have a built up taste and knowledge of what I truly want. Also, buying the Lopez style in deep blue was not a good idea.

I am not sure what style exactly you bought. If they are a Oxford or Derby shoes they can easily go as a black at the evening/night or as bit of a twist with a charcoal suit during the day.

Oh, that's a shame. You have no pics? Really interested to see them :)

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, that's a shame. You have no pics? Really interested to see them
smile.gif

Cleav, the only photo I got saved in my computer is the one dear Pauline from the Factory sent me at the time I made a transaction.

I didn't have a manner at that time to photograph my purchases upon receiving them, which I regret now, so I hope this one from their FS might be of enough assistance.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered the new Archer model on 8000 last Deep blue misty calf. It is pretty much a new version of the Luffield 8000.
I am certain they will look great. I would have probably kept mine if they were a Oxfords or Derby shoes as I could blend them more easily. It was a challenging to wear a deep blue loafers that always looked black. They were too weak for a suit and to formal for a casual outfit, so they had to go. You will have much more fun with those derby style Lobbs.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Cleav, the only photo I got saved in my computer is the one dear Pauline from the Factory sent me at the time I made a transaction. I didn't have a manner at that time to photograph my purchases upon receiving them, which I regret now, so I hope this one from their FS might be of enough assistance.
Those are the ones you had? Wow, look very black. Did you just sell them on then? That person would have been very lucky. :)

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do hope they ended up as someone's love. They were Rejects and I got them pretty cheap, sold them at about half of what they cost me, so yes, we could consider someone got lucky based solely on a price.
happy.gif

jujujoo11

Reaction score
I needed a black shoe.... Don't know why I picked the blue misty. I just hope it doesn't become super blue

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads