• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some nice Mr Porter deals today. Grabbed the green cord shorts (sized down to a small) and the following Cast 2 exclusives. It says the colour is grey but it looks like washed black.

I went with my usual Cast 2 size...anyone have these and can comment on them??

1071739_mrp_in_l.jpg

iamfudge

Reaction score
Some nice Mr Porter deals today. Grabbed the green cord shorts (sized down to a small) and the following Cast 2 exclusives. It says the colour is grey but it looks like washed black.

I went with my usual Cast 2 size...anyone have these and can comment on them??

View attachment 1116707

Quick write up of the lithium’s.
View attachment 957418
View attachment 957417
Lithium vs onyx
View attachment 957419 View attachment 957420 Initial impressions:
The denim is paper thin, I was actually really surprised by how thin they were. Remind me of something H&M or Zara would sell. I thought the carbon and onyx were pretty thin compared to something like this siena, but these are truly like paper. You could take this two ways.
1. Great summer jean
2. Is JE quality going down?

Fit:
These things are SLIM! I bought my tts 29, and they are skin tight. They are a darker shade denim, so I don’t mind it, and I’m sure because they are so thin they will stretch out quite a bit. I would recommend not sizing down.

Legs: The thighs, calves and leg openings are the most tapered pair I’ve owned.

Leg opening: The leg opening is smaller than any other JE denim I’ve come across. I’ll try to compare them to the Dillon indigo later tonight.

Length:
This is he shortest JE denim I’ve owned. I don’t really care for too much stacks so I didn’t mind the length. I also think I have long legs, but these are not the 34 inseam we are used to, likely a 32.5.

Color:
These jeans were so close to being perfect. The pics on the JE site are far off than what they truly look like. The JE pics are a nice clean grey wash. IRL they are a grey clean pair that have a brown cast to them. The thighs looks very dirty and have random oil/blood stains. Reminiscent of the onyx mixed with plumas. I’ll take better pics later. The pics I took are darker than they are IRL. The brown I think lends its self to pair well with brown boots, or at least I think so. They will prob look great with the black/brown/natural plaid that came out this season.

TL;DR:
Super thin denim
fit is on point, very slim, tts.
Very narrow leg opening.
Short inseam.
Single knee rip looks great.
color is close to perfect, if it was clean they’d be the best JE wash to date, but they are covered in a brown cast (dirty with stains).

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn thanks for that!

(Seeing if I can cancel the denim and just keep the shorts)

Last edited:

iamfudge

Reaction score
anyone here interested in purchasing the taupe high twisted cardigan in small? bought using JE credit and would rather just get cash back, lmk!

turbospartan

Reaction score

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sour skittles shorts look nice. Interested to see if these have quality improvements in the materials. Will eventually pick them up if the mesh is heavier

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What’s the consensus on sizing for the Shield Thumper? Also, any deals out there? I know I missed a good discount about a month ago...

iamfudge

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads