• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

djkillahcam

Reaction score
Yea the first run (Alpine, Maroon, Slate and later Charcoal, Natural, Saguaro) was generally larger, had looser neck, and wasn't 100% cotton. A lot of people prefer the original, but I think the cotton is much easier to take care of.
They changed material from 100% recycled cotton jersey to 100% cotton...last time the AEs fit like your slate were SS17 when the pink/natural and the weird cactus color wtvr it was called. So all your AEs moving forward will fit like your white and pearl

They rereleased Slate AE in cotton last year no? I have one but can’t remember when I copped. And bingo, cotton > recycled

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tryna sell any? haha. how did they fit?
Haha, nah man. I stayed TTS on all the sweatshirts, although I think I could have went down 1. The goofy holiday plaid ones aren't as heavy weight as the others. I lucked out and got hooked up with a 40% discount on a majority of the collection when it released, so I grabbed a handful of items..but to see them all discounted 99% during his garage sale really turned me off. So you may want to try Grailed. That black one you're interested in went for $120 or $150 I wanna say, so you can try to bargain with the trolls trying to sell it for $800 right now.

hyyvii

Reaction score
my bad guys got busy at the shop

Where’s this ?

Xhibition Van Aken

Wowww that white one is clean af! Curious how the LS fits compared to the 100% Cotton version. I go 1 down from Classic tee size on those..

White is super clean. I didn’t get to try them on.

xhibition hangers.. I’m guessing he works there and they haven’t released yet?

They haven’t released on JE but we got them for sell and on our floors.

Want to see how these silk blends turn out. Was pretty disappointed with the OG silks. Alexander Wang was far superior and held up through dry cleaning / cold soaks. The JE silks hardened up quite a bit and became very stiff and scratchy to the point of being almost unwearable.

Price is much better this time around vs. the ~$135 of the initial version - must have learned their lesson after having to steep discount them.

Price at $118

Is the white see through at all?

I didn’t try it on but don’t seem too see through... dark nips might show lol

I don't have cargos, and honestly seeing the fitpics I'm glad I stayed away...no offense to anyone that posted.

Yoo I feel like you will kill the cargos. I personally like them I do wish they didn’t have the strings though.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@StPauli My memory may be playing games with me, but I recall seeing a video of the loopwheel process on JE's IG. Thought that it may have meant that another LW collection may be coming?

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yoo I feel like you will kill the cargos. I personally like them I do wish they didn’t have the strings though.

If I ever come across a pair in store, I'll try them on but I'm not a fan of the baggy slouchy fit they're meant to have and being that it takes a week for JE to get orders to me, I just never bothered.

quickstruck

Reaction score
Interesting, thanks for a unique perspective. Ultimately, I don't think it fits particularly well with my style; I'm looking primarily at the following:

View attachment 1084199

View attachment 1084200

View attachment 1084201

This Todd Snyder thing ain't bad... pretty interesting composition

Shot16_KN6737754BK02_0612_R_grande.jpg

StPauli

Reaction score
@StPauli My memory may be playing games with me, but I recall seeing a video of the loopwheel process on JE's IG. Thought that it may have meant that another LW collection may be coming?

Hmm when was this? I remember thinking Loopwheel was coming at some point but it turned out to be hype for the vintage fleece series.

hyyvii

Reaction score
If I ever come across a pair in store, I'll try them on but I'm not a fan of the baggy slouchy fit they're meant to have and being that it takes a week for JE to get orders to me, I just never bothered.

Got to switch out sometimes and have different silhouettes for different occasions. That’s why I got the Kanes and still waiting on 2 pair of JE trousers

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got to switch out sometimes and have different silhouettes for different occasions. That’s why I got the Kanes and still waiting on 2 pair of JE trousers

Oh, I'm definitely wit that...I have the switch up game on lock. I only post my JE stuff here for obvious reasons, but I have plenty pieces that aren't sweats or denim that I rock all the time. I actually have a pair of Kanes too for that very reason. I liked the OG Cargos a lot more than these new ones, I just never got to order them. I'm just not a fan of sloppy fitting stuff, and the only time these new ones don't look that way is when they're tied up.

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still hoping for non-extended long sleeves one day.
Pretty sure these are just normal length Tee's unless I missed something. They haven't really done any dedicated extended stuff since the shadow capsule.

Regarding the Anti Expo's I feel like there was a change in fit in the recycled cotton from the first run of the new fit with the Forest, Purple, Mustard, and Slate colors.
All my AE's since then are shorter in the back and wider in the chest.

To me og AE (down 1 size) > new recycled cotton > whatever was changed after that.

The og AE and Purple/Forest/Slate/black (from that same drop) I can wear by themselves. All the other ones I just wear for layering.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those looking for the thick/warm hoodies aside from JE Loopwheel, I highly recommend the Reigning Champ Heavyweight (or even Midweight) hoodies. Actually couldn't praise them enough. Mine has been through both the wash and dry anywhere from 50-75 times (I've owned it probably 5+ years now) and still looks new. Super warm too. They're pretty normal fitting, size up if you want a loose/oversized fit.

kcinirni

Reaction score
I second reigning champ. Peep Goodwear USA. The pullover is fire size up 1 or two. Thank me later

also for hoodies...
3sixteen
Ironheart
Sugarcane
Engineered garments workaday
Merz b schwanen

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads