• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ChillFil

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the Thermal CCrew is now* 10% cotton? I bought mine during Season 8 I believe and the self is wool, the majority if not all of it is made out of wool. I love my slate one, such a great crew. So when JE lrelaunched them with grey, really really light grey, and lavender I was scavenging the debts of the internet for a size S grey - which I could not find for the life of me. Eventually I found the "light grey", and I was really dissapointed with it. The material felt so stiff and it just isn't the same piece anymore with it being 100% cotton. I'd still compramise and buy a grey one had I the chance. Mostly beause it does still look exactly the same and I like the colorway - but there is no omparison between the wol one and the cotton.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been so uninterested in JE releases lately that I've rarely been visiting the IG account...but it just popped up on my feed, and now the discussion of the finished hem makes sense.
yeah, same man, I thought the discussion was a joke at first... then I saw the post, seriously???

I feel like they left this season to interns while John was working on the women’s line and next season. I imagine this is what the discussion was like..

Design lead: ok guys, Johns working on the women’s line we need to come up with ideas for s/s18. Any ideas for outerwear?

Intern: how about we rehash season 7’s outerwear.

Design lead: hmmm, Not sure we can do that, that’s our most well know season, people will recognize them. any other ideas?

Intern: ok, how about we rehash the season 7 outerwear with... FIDLOCKS!

Design lead: ok that works, any ideas for new hoodies?

Intern: how about a basic hoodie with fidlocks?

Design lead: DONE! How about shorts?

Intern: FIDLOCKS!

Design lead: ok denim?

Intern: how about we make a lighter version of the plumas

Design lead: we already have the springs

Intern: ok how about a single knee rip and paint

Design lead: DONE! Any more? And can we avoid more knee rips?

Intern: hmm how about We make springs, plumas, & onyx with a thigh rips and square patches!

Design lead: hmmm not even sure that makes sense. *******, let’s roll with it. New ideas for tees?

Intern: oversized tee

Design lead: like the basalt or the OS pocket tee Without a pocket?

Intern: no, an anti expo, that’s not anti expo!

Design lead: wtf are you talking about?

Intern: an anti expo tee, with normal hems!

Design lead: I don’t even know what that means, but I like it!

Intern: what about a cropped tee to match all the cropped outerwear?

Design lead: cropped tee? What are you a moron? People want shirt dresses. Now let’s go show John what we’ve made.

John: please don’t show this on the runway

Design lead: ok we are dropping these looks on Instagram without a runway show!

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on the look you're going for. A zip-up under that thumper and a nice tee to match it underneath would look real nice. Kake will also look great, but you won't get that nice layered efect with it. However, if it's cold where ever it is you are the Kake would serve you better. Otherwise I think wearing the zip-up open underneath the thumper with white, gray tee maybe depending on the color of the zip-up. Really both indigo or black denim would work here; but I'll stop my recomendations I'm sure you know how to put together a good outfit :stirpot: - I only own the MEsa Indigo but felt like giving an imput ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He was asking about sizing haha

ZanderRosen

Reaction score
^^^^^

You got a lot of time on your hands my man

He’s got his life on lock, and is one of the most consistent contributors to this thread and has been recognized for doing so by the community itself and the brand. It definitely helps to be able to back your words up with knowing who you are throwing stones at...

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9162FC56-3C56-488B-8AF5-D7DFD465B4E1.jpeg
1A9AC3F7-557F-4FEA-8E77-A608C1051C44.jpeg

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, same man, I thought the discussion was a joke at first... then I saw the post, seriously???

I feel like they left this season to interns while John was working on the women’s line and next season. I imagine this is what the discussion was like..

Design lead: ok guys, Johns working on the women’s line we need to come up with ideas for s/s18. Any ideas for outerwear?

Intern: how about we rehash season 7’s outerwear.

Design lead: hmmm, Not sure we can do that, that’s our most well know season, people will recognize them. any other ideas?

Intern: ok, how about we rehash the season 7 outerwear with... FIDLOCKS!

Design lead: ok that works, any ideas for new hoodies?

Intern: how about a basic hoodie with fidlocks?

Design lead: DONE! How about shorts?

Intern: FIDLOCKS!

Design lead: ok denim?

Intern: how about we make a lighter version of the plumas

Design lead: we already have the springs

Intern: ok how about a single knee rip and paint

Design lead: DONE! Any more? And can we avoid more knee rips?

Intern: hmm how about We make springs, plumas, & onyx with a thigh rips and square patches!

Design lead: hmmm not even sure that makes sense. *******, let’s roll with it. New ideas for tees?

Intern: oversized tee

Design lead: like the basalt or the OS pocket tee Without a pocket?

Intern: no, an anti expo, that’s not anti expo!

Design lead: wtf are you talking about?

Intern: an anti expo tee, with normal hems!

Design lead: I don’t even know what that means, but I like it!

Intern: what about a cropped tee to match all the cropped outerwear?

Design lead: cropped tee? What are you a moron? People want shirt dresses. Now let’s go show John what we’ve made.

John: please don’t show this on the runway

Design lead: ok we are dropping these looks on Instagram without a runway show!

Had me rolling lol! Since I missed most of season 7 I’m good with this seasons releases. I’ve been pleased with most of what I’ve purchased so far.

Last edited:

ChillFil

Reaction score
IMO the vintage fleee is the highlight of SS18 so far, I enjoy the zip-up denim jacket also. The vintage colorway is nice too, I think I prefer the vintage yellow over the mustard yellow from Season 10.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads