• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s a world of a difference from the big tee, better fit with less baggy and slightly shorter sleeves, plus the looser neck. I don’t really know what tee to compare it to, it’s more cropped than the OG Anti Expo. Right now it’s the “perfect everyday tee” for me, I love the heavier weight though I wouldn’t mind a thinner version specifically for summer with the same cut.

How did you size for the Rugby Tee? TTs or down 1?

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually went down 2 (from M to XS) and it’s perfect, but I’d say most people will want to go down 1 for the intended fit. I just wanted mine a little less OS.

Appreciate it dude, I think going down 1 will be the best bet for me. Hopefully we get some good colors

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the rugby and big tee are about the same minus the neck. I’ll post pics when I get a chance. Both of mine are xs. I like the basalt big tees over my rugby.

Edit

It’s basically the same tee minus the neck. The sleeves are the same length

4EF7FA25-4314-4C3F-B04D-E5F628B5B6FB.jpeg

74EA4181-4C62-4DB6-94A9-CCDF08177BD4.jpeg

49EC0286-73BE-4722-942F-75AD5948F505.jpeg

7DF49BF4-D451-4992-A4AE-8841A06CB96F.jpeg

Last edited:

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something about the tight neck hole combined with the loose oversized body of the Big Tee just reminds me of wearing a rain poncho.. truly terrible IMO. But everyone has their preferences and I’m not one for mock necks on any kind of product. It’s gonna depend on your build if you can pull off a wide neck or U-neck of any kind but it feels so much more comfortable to me.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something about the tight neck hole combined with the loose oversized body of the Big Tee just reminds me of wearing a rain poncho.. truly terrible IMO. But everyone has their preferences and I’m not one for mock necks on any kind of product. It’s gonna depend on your build if you can pull off a wide neck or U-neck of any kind but it feels so much more comfortable to me.

I think it depends on your shoulders and neck. My neck is fairly narrow so the neck hole isn’t too tight. The rugby on the other hand is all over the place with any kind of movement. I wouldn’t mind it in a tank though.

Crshngdwn

Reaction score
In JE’s latest Instagram post, he confirmed socks are coming soon! I wonder if it’s an Anonymous ism collab, or only JE. Either way I will be copping.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sail jacket is a piece I’ve been eyeing for awhile now. I’m sure it’s going to be over 500. Like the previous sail pullover.

timofay

Reaction score
So I have been downsizing/getting rid of a lot of my old clothes trying to focus more on quality over quantity. Ive been reading about minimalism and I'm trying to minimize shopping/only buy something if I sell something else....and now I have a lot of JE!

Ribbed mercer alpine
Ribbed mercer white
Pigtail mercer gray
Mercer half zip x Mr Porter
Dark navy villian
Expo Tee Co mix Black
Expo Tee Co mix white
Classic crew washed blue
Classic crew dark navy
Classic crew co mix charcoal
Mercer tee washed black
OS sweats gray
Oro flight jacket gray
Anthracite vandal
Black combat boots

Looking to add some denim this year, and hopefully a slick bomber (wool varsity or other..saving $$ for a nice drop)

Last edited:

Bertdinner2

Reaction score
I love looser necks in general...cant do fitted necks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads