• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys do for cologne?

I saw some posts on Santal 33 and TF TV which are two of my favorites (I probably have way too many).

For JE discussion. Has anyone else stocked the Mojave Escos? Any still on sale in other color runs? Looking for a XL as I like my sweatpants a little looser in the waist.

timofay

Reaction score
While on the topic of skin care, what do you guys use to shave? I have sensitive skin and get bad irritation even from just using a beard trimmer. Ive had the best luck with a single blade disposable, shaving with the grain. Any recommendations for shaving creams (do they make a difference?) ?

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While on the topic of skin care, what do you guys use to shave? I have sensitive skin and get bad irritation even from just using a beard trimmer. Ive had the best luck with a single blade disposable, shaving with the grain. Any recommendations for shaving creams (do they make a difference?) ?
Disposables are the worst razors to shave with imo. I use one of those old school single blade razors with a brush. I use Proraso for the preshave cream, soap, and aftershave. You should look into as it might help with your irritation.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw some posts on Santal 33 and TF TV which are two of my favorites (I probably have way too many).

For JE discussion. Has anyone else stocked the Mojave Escos? Any still on sale in other color runs? Looking for a XL as I like my sweatpants a little looser in the waist.

don't wear cologne. half the time you're going to make someone sick or find you unbearable, the other half of the time i don't think people care enough where it makes a difference. i actively avoid sitting by people who regularly wear perfume or cologne.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look into Kiehl’s Razor Bump Relief, I used to get the same thing badly on my neck area and this stuff is an absolute game changer for that when you apply after you shave. I didn’t expect it to actually work but it does, and very well.

Also on the topic of cologne, I’m a big fan of YSL l’homme for the warmer months. I have no qualms with cologne as long as you apply a minimal amount. No one should be smelling it from six feet away.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Current rotation (not particularly interesting) -
Tom Ford: Rive D'Ambre, Tuscan Leather
Creed: GIT (have to have it I guess), Aventus, Millesime Imperial
Margiela: Jazz Club

There's tons of more interesting niche brands that I used to get decants/samples of (and the fragrance thread here is way more next level), but you really have to try a bunch of stuff and see what works for you. What you like on someone else, might not work as well for you. Also, store them properly.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AM: 1) Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel 2) Dermalogica Ultra Calming Mist 3) Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster 4) Origins Dr. Weil Mega Bright SPF 30 5) Herbivore Lapis Facial Oil 6) Dermalogica UltraSmoothing Eye Serum

PM: 1) Dermalogica Precleanse 2) Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel with Foreo 3) Dermalogical Ultra Calming Mist 4) Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster 5) KareSkin Elevase Moisture Booster 6) Prescription strength Retin-A 7) Herbivor Lapis Facial Oil 8) Dermalogica UltraSmoothing Eye Serum 9) Fresh Corset Cream

1x a week: Kare or DrJart hydrating Sheet Masks
1x a week: Dr Weil Mega Mushroom Mask

Everyone has different skin types, gotta find what works for you.

Fit pics getting repetitive. We need new JE gear to release stat to keep this thread alive.
I’ve been wearing this fit often. Curious if we will see the Kitos in Mojave or Sage? I know we saw images of black ones in the first look of SS18. What has everyone copped for this SS18 season? I made my first big purchase today. Looking forward to getting it in.

For the folk who asked about the panel shorts. They’re probably one of JE’s best releases in the shorts category. Dude still needs to bring back the OG shorts. Those were >>>>>>>>

11657AEB-B776-4ACE-A5E7-5F0B63169824.jpeg

ElmTree

Reaction score

I don't think you'd want to size up in the Escos bc it results in a diaper-ass look with that style. I got some Mediums which were like skin tight yoga pants out the box, so I exchanged for a Large and man it looked bad from behind. I should've stuck with the mediums and waited for the stretch. If you like a looser waist and want to size up, I'd go with a different style.

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think you'd want to size up in the Escos bc it results in a diaper-ass look with that style. I got some Mediums which were like skin tight yoga pants out the box, so I exchanged for a Large and man it looked bad from behind. I should've stuck with the mediums and waited for the stretch. If you like a looser waist and want to size up, I'd go with a different style.
Wow dude I cannot unsee. I actually bought a pair from @srizvi722 and I sized up due to the same reasons and I didn’t even notice that until you pointed that out. Oh well.. going to have to rock the diaper look in confidence.. I mean going to have to rock that FOG look ;)

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Proraso makes amazing shave products. Their shave soap lasts forever. I don’t use a preshave but the aftershave is great. I bought an Edwin Jagger shave kit awhile back which uses Mach 3 blades. I always cut my face with the single blades and it was taking too long to shave. Plus five blade Fusions are too many blades IMO.

For cologne I have basics GIT Adventus Santal 33. At one time I had about 10 full bottles. I’ve paired that down to 3 and buy 10ml samples from ScentSplit, Surrender to Chance and a couple of other split sites (I probably have about 30, some shown) Usually seasonal stuff. I agree that very little of the high quality stuff goes a long way. Especially TF which is crazy strong. I’ve liked Amouage Jubilation XXV and Le Labo Rose lately.

Maybe I’ll try the large Escos. I have a large in Ebisu and my wife makes fun of me for the diaper look. TMI... I have no backside anyhow. So that’s always a problem for me.

E983FEFD-A853-4F30-86D8-E21A569E91B5.jpeg

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AM: 1) Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel 2) Dermalogica Ultra Calming Mist 3) Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster 4) Origins Dr. Weil Mega Bright SPF 30 5) Herbivore Lapis Facial Oil 6) Dermalogica UltraSmoothing Eye Serum

PM: 1) Dermalogica Precleanse 2) Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel with Foreo 3) Dermalogical Ultra Calming Mist 4) Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster 5) KareSkin Elevase Moisture Booster 6) Prescription strength Retin-A 7) Herbivor Lapis Facial Oil 8) Dermalogica UltraSmoothing Eye Serum 9) Fresh Corset Cream

1x a week: Kare or DrJart hydrating Sheet Masks
1x a week: Dr Weil Mega Mushroom Mask

Everyone has different skin types, gotta find what works for you.

Fit pics getting repetitive. We need new JE gear to release stat to keep this thread alive.
I’ve been wearing this fit often. Curious if we will see the Kitos in Mojave or Sage? I know we saw images of black ones in the first look of SS18. What has everyone copped for this SS18 season? I made my first big purchase today. Looking forward to getting it in.

For the folk who asked about the panel shorts. They’re probably one of JE’s best releases in the shorts category. Dude still needs to bring back the OG shorts. Those were >>>>>>>>

View attachment 909675

My wife loves the Dermalogica stuff. I’ll have to try some of these.

I’m all for the Kitos in the new colors!

papillo

Reaction score
Proraso makes amazing shave products. Their shave soap lasts forever. I don’t use a preshave but the aftershave is great. I bought an Edwin Jagger shave kit awhile back which uses Mach 3 blades. I always cut my face with the single blades and it was taking too long to shave. Plus five blade Fusions are too many blades IMO.

For cologne I have basics GIT Adventus Santal 33. At one time I had about 10 full bottles. I’ve paired that down to 3 and buy 10ml samples from ScentSplit, Surrender to Chance and a couple of other split sites (I probably have about 30, some shown) Usually seasonal stuff. I agree that very little of the high quality stuff goes a long way. Especially TF which is crazy strong. I’ve liked Amouage Jubilation XXV and Le Labo Rose lately.

Maybe I’ll try the large Escos. I have a large in Ebisu and my wife makes fun of me for the diaper look. TMI... I have no backside anyhow. So that’s always a problem for me.

View attachment 909731
lol @ the diaper look. Nice pic! Whats in the creed atomizer?

@CPAJay1221, there is nothing wrong with wearing fragrances as long as you do it with common sense. And No, you will not "make people sick" and people will not 'find you unbearable". There are tons of people who wear frargances everyday without alienating the rest of the world. Do not let one anecdote deter you.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol @ the diaper look. Nice pic! Whats in the creed atomizer?

@CPAJay1221, there is nothing wrong with wearing fragrances as long as you do it with common sense. And No, you will not "make people sick" and people will not 'find you unbearable". There are tons of people who wear frargances everyday without alienating the rest of the world. Do not let one anecdote deter you.
Dab on the wrists and on the neck, no big squirts. It’s the people that squirt like five times all over their body. You just want a hint of fragrance not a cloud surrounding you.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fasdff