• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mikeb88

Reaction score
IMG_1075.jpg IMG_1074.jpg
Got my polartec halfzip in from Mr.P. I was skeptical about it before getting it in hand but I really like it. I went with a medium and the fit is perfect. It's super warm as just having it on for 5 min to take a few pics I started sweating. I know I'll get a ton of wear out of it as the temps here in NJ are already in the 40's daily. My only gripe is the waistband is snug so its kind of difficult to get it off without fear of ripping it. My first time ordering from Mr. P so props to them for sending it in a really nice dustbag.

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The way I see it is- if the market dictates it’s worth $1000, then is it really a $200 shoe? The same way a JE jacket may go on sale at Bergdorf for $800 after initially retailing for $2000. Retailers can set prices but only the market can show what they’re really worth. Not saying I would drop $1000 on Nike’s but it’s something to think about.

My idea of worth/money is that it's all made up anyway which I responded the way I did. It wasn't sarcasm, I was serious. If you want those shoes, have $1000 to blow and doing that is what makes you happy then go for it. It may not be worth it to me personally but the same can be said about some of the stuff I pay retail for. To a lot other people that also isn't "worth" it.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple more pounds then you and I take xl. I have one L and it’s pretty tight on the back. Really depends on how big your chest and shoulders are.

you're not going to fit in a large flannel. it's slim and very fitted through shoulders chest and arms.

MuskieFan

Reaction score
you're not going to fit in a large flannel. it's slim and very fitted through shoulders chest and arms.
Yea the one large I have is too small to button comfortably, the XLs are definitely a better fit.

My favorite JE hoodie for sure. Would love to get my hands on the both the white and black. Def. prefer these over kake mocks and mercers.
^This. Love my OS cropped hoodie.

. . .

Got my exchanged Melange Thumper in and really happy with it. I can't wear really cropped jackets so the cut of this was much better. Wore it yesterday with just a tee underneath in ~40* weather and it was fine. Enough room to layer a crew or sweater underneath for those of us that get a true winter.

Crossbones

Reaction score
Before the Plumas restock, I was scouring Grailed for a pair and managed to snag one only 3 days before the restock notification.... lol

Still pumped to say that they are everything I hoped for. Color is a bit lighter than the JE photos but that is probably due to their filters (or so I have been told).

Pictured with:
Wool Stadium Jacket
Uniqlo pima cotton tee
Plumas
Vandals
IMG_1944.JPG

gerg99

Reaction score
Damn why those pleated chinos look so different on the ssense model... anyone cop that can speak on the fit? 300 is steep for some chinos but the fit and styling on the JE site just make em look too dope.

Yo i copped one of those union dr woo je hoodies at complexcon too... that **** is dope. similar to the washed black oversized cropped hoodies, except with a much more subtle wash and a reaaaaaall nice heavyweight terry. the dr woo art is on point too

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wool bomber looking fire
parachute looking fire

i have olive parachute - find it harder to pull off than the slate one...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads