• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. All of the older ones minus the first mica white have the same cut.
That mica thumper was awesome, it was a modified type 2 as well, but with only one chest pocket. The plus was the side pockets, it's strange to me they left that off the new ones. I also didn't mind the knife pleats on the white jacket. Don't really care for them on either of the masa jackets.

ThomSquared

Reaction score
You guys are in denial it looks like a freaking girls jacket to small to cropped simple as that ...y'all try to justify everything **** is trash... Just accept it

Not in denial at all, I just actually prefer my denim jackets to be slightly cropped because I typically wear hoodies or shorter shirts under them, I wouldn't call that jacket trash simply because it's not sized and tailored to fit your average guy. You either make it work or you don't. In his case if his wardrobe is comprised mostly of long-ish shirts than yes of course it's going to feel like a "girl's jacket" and it's probably just not gonna work.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to say it looks terrible, but I'd prob never buy it. I think we are all used to slightly longer outerwear, this was cut like a traditional denim jacket where the end of the jacket hits your belt line. The previous thumper was cut longer, but that's not the true intended cut for a denim jacket, same with a rider jacket, they both should end at your belt line. I think JE would have been better served to make it a little longer like the OG thumper to better fit the aesthetic this audience expects. If JE is going to make short or cropped jackets I think they really need to consider making cropped shirts, it looks foolish to have your shirt be so long and your jacket so short. I don't any of the shirts fit the bill at this point.

I get your point but it also depends on your body type for sure(I still think the fit doesn't look bad on you tho). For example as people said, maybe this jacket just doen't work for your body as you seem skinnier and wearing M mercer tee with S denim jacket just looks off. I agree with @Jbidwal that this jacket could look better on bigger guys. Sometimes we just have to understand that some pieces will not look good on some body types. For me I think that's with biker jackets for example unfortunately.
I haven't seen or try this jacket yet, but I want to try it to layer it with a hoodie and a tee, to create 3 layers and I think it should look fine. Here is the photo from runway and it looks great with yellow hoodie, and I would add white tee under the hoodie to pop out and it should look just fine. But I am sure it won't work for many people. Maybe not even for me. But if I get the chance to try it, I will give it a shot. Also I have nothing again if Je adds few cropped tees to the collection, but I prefer longer tees like u-neck or anti expo to almost go over the but pockets on the denim. But I really don't like mercers, the fit is just off for me. But again, just personal opinion. More options = more happy costumers (but also probably more stuff on sale).
fw17bselliott180.jpg

EhVos

Reaction score
I emailed JE about other stockists (specifically ssense) getting the new raglan hoodie and this is the reply I got "At this time, we're not giving out information on the Raglan Hoodie. I recommend that you reach out to SSENSE to see if they will be receiving the hoodie."

You guys think I should buy off the JE website tomorrow or wait for a Canadian stockist to get it? I like to avoid paying import tax when I can

Fresh718

Reaction score
Not in denial at all, I just actually prefer my denim jackets to be slightly cropped because I typically wear hoodies or shorter shirts under them, I wouldn't call that jacket trash simply because it's not sized and tailored to fit your average guy. You either make it work or you don't. In his case if his wardrobe is comprised mostly of long-ish shirts than yes of course it's going to feel like a "girl's jacket" and it's probably just not gonna work.
True to each their own if it works for u go for it !

blue2007

Reaction score
If you have a black crew and black anti-expo in your closet, would you get the curve classic crew in black? Will it look different? The classic black crew I have is not the 100% cotton one, but the curve classic would be the cotton one.

Any thoughts on this?

Crshngdwn

Reaction score
Yeah, they're just okay. Basketball shorts are intended to be long so I understand the inspiration behind it. @grantmason6882 is right though, will be too long for guys that aren't 6'0+

Interesting to see that a lot of product this season has been made in the USA and Japan. Would people on here be okay with higher prices if they manufactured less in China and more in US,JPN?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vankteshsvami