• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hyyvii

Reaction score
hoping vandals drop at retailers this weekend (I know most likely won't happen just wishing) since Ima be in Chicago.

any great food suggestions???

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is true RO , Balmain,Givenchy , and Saint laurent leWD will progressively be discounted at sale time till it sells out,un desirable items do usually hit sales and like other user said anything on mr porter , ssense, or FWD, that doesnt sell well will have progressive discounts until it eventually sells out, but the thing about JE is everything hits sale not slect items only thing that consisitently doesnt hit sales ids denim, making it hard to purchase at retail.

We are still relatively new into JE full fledged seasons. Things probably will change in production or number of retailers. Items might sit but every single size.

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any great food suggestions???

Breakfast:
Batter & Berries
Meli Cafe
Little Goat
Dove's Luncheonette
Marmalade

Lunch/Dinner/Quick Bites:
Au Cheval
Michael Jordan Steakhouse
Chicken Shop inside Soho House
The Publican
Honey Butter Fried Chicken
Momotaro
Loumalnati's
Giordano's
Harold's Chicken Shack

This is off the top, but there's mad places I'm not naming. This is a good start though. Good mix of high and low end plus local favorites.

hyyvii

Reaction score
Breakfast:
Batter & Berries
Meli Cafe
Little Goat
Dove's Luncheonette
Marmalade

Lunch/Dinner/Quick Bites:
Au Cheval
Michael Jordan Steakhouse
Chicken Shop inside Soho House
The Publican
Honey Butter Fried Chicken
Momotaro
Loumalnati's
Giordano's
Harold's Chicken Shack

This is off the top, but there's mad places I'm not naming. This is a good start though. Good mix of high and low end plus local favorites.

MY GUY good looks appreciate that had most of them on my list lol as well as Luellas & possibly sliding through Taste of Chi. Thanks again

vaeMD

Reaction score
washed black mercer
cast 2 shorts

Snapseed.jpg

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the SLP flannel. Thanks for the heads up guys! I'm usually a 41 so it may be a bit big, but for $300 it's cheap enough to get tailored and still a ridic deal. I'd like to find the blue one for a decent price too. Disappointed in hearing the issues with the JE flannels pushed me over the edge

IMG_1416.PNG

Bertdinner2

Reaction score
i think more stuff is on sale now bc their prices have went up a good bit. the appeal of john elliott to me was designer cuts on decent fabrics for a mid range price. now that they are straying into designer price territory a lot of stuff is flaling to sale. their original jeans were like 275$ and now they are like 400-450. also id imagine that when they want to sell to big stockists, the stockists have enough buying power that they have the upper hand in negotiations and wont allow JE to put sales restrictions on their items like they used to do to smaller stockists. besides that, their inventory has expanded greatly and that'll inevitably lead to discounts.

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ur so corny dude...
Says the kid that writes as bad as Hypebeast writers.

i think more stuff is on sale now bc their prices have went up a good bit. the appeal of john elliott to me was designer cuts on decent fabrics for a mid range price. now that they are straying into designer price territory a lot of stuff is flaling to sale. their original jeans were like 275$ and now they are like 400-450. also id imagine that when they want to sell to big stockists, the stockists have enough buying power that they have the upper hand in negotiations and wont allow JE to put sales restrictions on their items like they used to do to smaller stockists. besides that, their inventory has expanded greatly and that'll inevitably lead to discounts.

You just explained, well you tried to explain what everyone on this forum already knows. Thanks for the clarification even though your grammar is pathetic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads