• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sogood

Reaction score
Hey guys new to John Elliott. I picked up a mercer tee in S and fits good albeit a bit long at the back. I'm 5'5" and looking at the kake and villain hoodie. Anyone have fit pics of a size S for both?

Depending on your build I'd think you'd need an XS in the Kake.

For reference, I'm 5'10" ~145lbs and wear a S in the Kake and M in the Villian.

suisunfleet

Reaction score

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Regarding cropped chinos

Anyone have any other chinos they recommend? The JE ones will work but the waist is going to be loose. I might try them anyway to see how the rest fit but I'm open to suggestions. Looking for summer wear, not too dressy and not to flowy where it creases the min you sit

wings + horns is where it's at

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is kind of messed up. @Jbidwal & @peter1234930 did this person ask to post your pics?

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the pricing and cuts like? Custom is a good way to go. I generally like it when they are up to date on cuts and not jut catering to traditional cuts.
They use templates for a base idea to start with and then whittle down with adjustments. You can play with front & back rise, tapper, waste, inseam. You can essentially design the fit you're looking for out of thousands of fabrics to choose from. Pricing can vary depending on the fabric, but because they're working with top of the line Italian & English mills it can get pretty pricing. They're located in the Financial District on Embarcadero. IF your ever in the area just stop by. Fittings are complementary.

mayastig

Reaction score

Depending on your build I'd think you'd need an XS in the Kake.

For reference, I'm 5'10" ~145lbs and wear a S in the Kake and M in the Villian.

Have a 39" chest and just measured my arms comes out to 23". Anyone have fit pics of a S or XS villain?

sogood

Reaction score
Looks like the OS hoodie tbh. Sometimes revolve doesn't know what they're doing. I could be wrong though

I was thinking the same thing, the terry doesn't look like the Villians and the Charcoal appears to have the dropped shoulder consistent with the OS Cropped.

Last edited:

Crshngdwn

Reaction score

Shorts are dope. Will get good use out of it. Do wish I got the co mix ones as well from 7.5.
Hellweek crew is insanely cool. The stripe down the back of the grey actually looks really nice in person.
Os heavy tee reminds me of a slightly lighter weight longer version of the heavy cropped tee. I never was big, but this shirt made me realize I've really lost a ton of weight/muscle. Need to get back to the gym after these damn boards.
Flash dual dune speaks for itself. Classic piece. If you like the color, it's a great buy. You need black and/or grey before venturing out to other colors
You might have just sold me on the shorts, great fits. Did you go tts?

GBlue

Reaction score
@nsubrmnn
Thanks! Didn't know Nomad hails from Toronto.

Anyone here from Vancouver order from Nomad before? What was the customer experience like?
1f914.png

I'm waiting for SSENSE to get the OS Hoodies in since I've been ordering from them for at least a couple of years and everything always goes smoothly.

Only problem is their customer service cannot tell you what items they are getting in or if they are getting anything at all.
1f914.png

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads