• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DrinkOrDie

Reaction score
So the plaster engineered pants came in. And yes the waist is 38 inches for a size large. It's a weird design (not sure what the goal was here) because the rest of the pant fit as a 32-34 pant should fit but with a 38 waist. Sizing down to a M I believe would fit too tightly in other areas. For instance the crotch is not dropped that much so a medium would probably be too tight there. To wear these pants the drawstring laces must be tied and at a pretty substantial tightness because the waistband is just so wide. This is a little bit of a negative for me bc if you want a more "formal" look you must hide the drawstrings by tucking them into the waistband. FYI I am 6 ft 180-185 pounds slim athletic build.

The pants are also made in China which I was disappointed with. Assuming JE will say it's because it's a technical fabric. Though I do already notice the quality is not on par with their garments made in USA. I can see several loose threads already on a number of different areas prominently near the buttons and on inside seam, but nothing game changing. Still it's an ominous sign for a brand new garment.

The Crop tee is just sick. I got the plaster one and I'm going to layer some cool back side graphic/design tees underneath it. Fishtail crew in olive is amazing too btw.

damn lol no wonder pricing is so much cheaper than I expected. Glad I passed on these.

b19pen15

Reaction score
The pants are also made in China which I was disappointed with.
Why any brand wouldn't clearly state where an item is manufactured is beyond me (and almost all high end brands do). While I know it's not JE's intention, it come off as misleading.

The people who buy JE seem to be generally educated consumers and would likely care about where their clothing is made. Even if China is preferred for technical fabrics, why leave that "surprise" for after the item is received? ("Made in China" does at times have unnecessary stigma, but that isn't an excuse to not honestly list something as such, and if anything it promotes the stigma by treating it as if it's something to be hidden.)

This also goes for their Made in U.S.A. items.

ASpec818

Reaction score
anyone have fit pics of the fishtail raincoat? The piece looks pretty awesome. With the forecasted el nino coming in, I might want to invest in some "technical" rain jacket.

justjohn

Reaction score
Why any brand wouldn't clearly state where an item is manufactured is beyond me (and almost all high end brands do). While I know it's not JE's intention, it come off as misleading.

The people who buy JE seem to be generally educated consumers and would likely care about where their clothing is made. Even if China is preferred for technical fabrics, why leave that "surprise" for after the item is received? ("Made in China" does at times have unnecessary stigma, but that isn't an excuse to not honestly list something as such, and if anything it promotes the stigma by treating it as if it's something to be hidden.)

This also goes for their Made in U.S.A. items.

Totally agree

Love JE products
But honestly was very disappointed in the Fishtail raincoat being made in China when I received it
Plus the fishtail was nothing like the launch images

Hope @JohnElliottCo can inform their customers more on the product details in future releases.

WilliamTickles

Reaction score

First olive villain.... Now charcoal escobars!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads