• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blue2007

Reaction score
First Cast Coast 2, size 34, 181 lbs. Will they stretch even more? Size down? I know the trend is towards looser fits, like Daze or Kane, but I'm looking for opinions purely on Cast 2 aesthetics.

My Carbons size 34 are quite loose now while the Washed Graphite are perfect in 34.

Attachments

• tempImagetiumnP.png
    tempImagetiumnP.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
  • tempImage9mEhPO.png
    tempImage9mEhPO.png
    1 MB · Views: 76
  • tempImageEA51W8.png
    tempImageEA51W8.png
    1,012.7 KB · Views: 78

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First Cast Coast 2, size 34, 181 lbs. Will they stretch even more? Size down? I know the trend is towards looser fits, like Daze or Kane, but I'm looking for opinions purely on Cast 2 aesthetics.

My Carbons size 34 are quite loose now while the Washed Graphite are perfect in 34.
How’s the waist feel? If it’s not too tight, size down if you want the true Cast 2 skinny cut and look. Looks like you’ve got some extra room to me

MichaelPatrick0

Reaction score

You definitely have room probably could size down but I like the fit actually.

blue2007

Reaction score
How’s the waist feel? If it’s not too tight, size down if you want the true Cast 2 skinny cut and look. Looks like you’ve got some extra room to me

About half an inch too big in waist already, out of the box. If they are like the Carbons, then I expect another inch to stretch.

blue2007

Reaction score
@blue2007 size down, you will inherit massive, unflattering butt sag and dreadful crotch fold once those joints stretch

they should really revisit the cast2 fit, the waist is way too large in comparison to the leg

I think you nailed it. The issue now is that the denim is tight around calves. So that's a concern for sure if I size down, unless they stretch a bit around the lower leg too.

m0butt

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. Been trying to find out for a minute, kind of frustrating to want to spend $2k on a ******* jacket yet no one from JE can be bothered to give me a reply.
Broooo you mentioned it before it restocked too, I remember you asking in like august. I’ll proxy for you if you want, just gotta advise me on the shipping

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@blue2007 size down, you will inherit massive, unflattering butt sag and dreadful crotch fold once those joints stretch

they should really revisit the cast2 fit, the waist is way too large in comparison to the leg
Fully agree with this. If I size for my waist, the legs are too tight. If I size for my legs the waist is too loose. They’ve never fit me quite right

blue2007

Reaction score
Fully agree with this. If I size for my waist, the legs are too tight. If I size for my legs the waist is too loose. They’ve never fit me quite right

Same. It's always tricky with me with the hem also since I wear size 13. So if I size down, then sometimes the hem gets too small too. Maybe I just need to embrace the Daze and Kane movement :)

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My tts is a 34 and I’m 200+. The fit doesn’t look bad but I do agree if you want a true cast 2 fit you should size down. These look like my size 36 cast 2. Like @Wally_SF said, the front fold annoys me lol. I usually rock longer tees when I rock my size 36s.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics