• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoodedknight

Reaction score
Can you guys please explain & nit pick how to improve these fits?
Fit 2&3 no JE. Lmk if you have a problem with that and I wont do it again. Was just trying out stuff and am curious to hear any thoughts.

Thanks!

Fit 1
Glasses: JMM Torino
Jacket: Vintage
Sweatshirt: YL cozy crew
Pants: John Elliott WestPoint chino
Shoes: Rick Ramones
C4C1CABE-E751-4DE2-8D77-E3CDBE785016.png

Fit 2:
Hat: reigning champ nylon hat
Jacket: stone island puffer
Pants: Acne work pants brown/ hit of pink on pockets
Shoes: Aj4 bred foxtrot uniform custom

ED713051-0FCE-4FC3-9BFF-87C611185260.png

Fit 3:
Jacket: frank and oak parka
LS: yellow label
Pants: tailored Amazon cargo
Shoes: MM replica
5201655F-840D-445B-9D13-BDC159DE4468.png

Bimmer93

Reaction score
Fit 2&3 no JE. Lmk if you have a problem with that and I wont do it again. Was just trying out stuff and am curious to hear any thoughts.

Thanks!

Fit 1
View attachment 1709092
Fit 2:

View attachment 1709093

Fit 3:
View attachment 1709094
1 and 3 are nice and simple, work well.

I’d consider scrapping 2 altogether. Looks a bit incoherent. The shades of brown/tan don’t pair well together. The fit of the nylon hat is a bit too snug when paired with a puffer. And the Jordan’s feel like they came out of nowhere.

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

Fit 1
View attachment 1709092
Fit 2:

View attachment 1709093

Fit 3:
View attachment 1709094

I have a hard time judging your fits. On paper everything looks good. It’s like a fantasy football lineup where your team should crush but it doesn’t materialize on field.
I generally think it just comes down to how the actual clothes fit overall. I understand oversized is on trend but everything feels just a notch past that mark. Like if it all fit slightly smaller then I think it would look less sloppy. I’m not talking like sizing down hedi era slp but just a cleaner fit. You’re a big dude but the way the clothes fit hides that in a bad way while simultaneously exaggerating it in other ways, **** I hope that makes sense.
Honestly, the more I look at the fits I really think it could all look cleaner with simple fixes from a tailor.
In general the fit in the body is fine but if we could shorten your sleeves and hem in your pants so it doesn’t look like it was pooling around your hands and feet then I think it would look much better.

#3 is the best imo. Simple colors with a pop of white at the hood liner for good contrast. If the inseam was shortened I think it would look even better.

dino09

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with the guys above. 3 is the best one, 2 is mismatched. Overall like the guy said above if everything is a bit more slimmer 1 would look better. Those sunglasses are nice too.

drumsdrumsdrums

Reaction score
Hey yall, any of you have the hemi in the cyclone check? Found one in my size and wanted to know if any of yall had a fit pic and if it was a dense thick cotton? Also debating between getting a paloma..

hoodedknight

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! If their is anyone who can please help with specific recommendations on pants tailoring please send a DM.

aJEfan

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! If their is anyone who can please help with specific recommendations on pants tailoring please send a DM.

I went on Yelp, found a solid local seamstress with lots of reviews, and showed her pics of how I wanted the pants to fit. After I had one pair of jeans that fit me well, I would always bring that pair with me to the tailor and have her match the measurements on the new pair.

jasonladuke0311

Reaction score
@MIKE_JE what is different between the two iterations of the suede chelseas? I bought the older model from SSENSE since it was $200 cheaper but they pulled the listing so I can't compare them anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads