• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoping to eventually find the shark suede boots on sale. I grabbed the sundrenched sweats this morning. Holding off for flash sale. Hope Ssense start lowering prices soon.

Last edited:

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please nit pick these fits and give feedback on how I could make them better!

Fit 1:
Sunglasses: Jacques Marie Mage Torino dark havannah
Shirt: yellow label ls white
Hoodie: John Elliott raw edge raglan grey
Pants: Acne Studios work pants. Navy/hit of brown on pocket. Cuffed
Shoes: Kentucky dunk high. Foxtrot uniform laces- fadeaway Kentucky. Stained throughout.
View attachment 1708591

Fit 2:
Hat: AIme Leon dore Yankees brown moleskin
Hoodie: John Elliott OG Kake mock black
Shirt: Yellow Label ls white
Pants: John Elliott Miramar cargo black/grey
Shoes: AJ1 neutral grey. Foxtrot uniform custom. Laces-fadeaway carrera. Stained and sanded throughout.
View attachment 1708590
View attachment 1708592

FIT 3:
Hat: Armoire green/off white
Hoodie: 1000 pound grey
Pants: JE tie die cargo dessert camo
Shoes: AJ1 neutral grey. Foxtrot uniform custom. Laces-fadeaway carrera. Stained and sanded throughout.
View attachment 1708593

FIT 4:
Beanie: moncler grey red white navy
Hoodie: Yellow Label 1000 pound red
Pants: JE Westport chino black. Cuffed
Shoes: Rick Owens Ramones low
View attachment 1708594

Fit 5:
Sunglasses: Jacques Marie Mage Torino dark havannah
Necklace: Tiffany dog tag
LS: Yellow Label white
Pants: John Elliott Himalayan Pants taupe mr porter exclusive color.
Shoes: Syracuse dunk high. Foxtrot uniform laces fadeaway Syracuse. Subtlety stained throughout.
View attachment 1708595

Most of what you've going on here is pretty simple and working well, but I'll play the game and throw some notes out there:

- I'm gravitating to your fits without hats, so would love to see more without them or at least with different ones. The fitted caps, especially backwards, just kind of kill the fashionable elements of the clothing. I know you said you're going for an athletic vibe, but those are just extra "bro-y." Fits 2 & 3 would look great with the JE washed black ball cap, for example. The Moncler beanie feels a little dated too. Grab some shorter knit caps with a cuff in solid colors, they are everywhere right now, for as little as $15 a pop from Gap or Urban Outfitters or you can spend $100 on some wool ones from Howlin' or JE or Cableami or Acne or whoever else.

- You've got some more directional/Gorp-ier pieces like the Miramar cargos and Himalyan cargos that pair well with the Ramones, so I'd like to see some of those items worn with something a little funkier or more tech-y. I think you would kill something like a Rick Owens Hustler hoodie, and then to keep it JE, I could really see any one of the Parachute jacket iterations blending with your style as well.

Kenoshakickers

Reaction score
1637693951190.jpeg

Paloma
Interval tee
Kane 2 coast

hoodedknight

Reaction score
Most of what you've going on here is pretty simple and working well, but I'll play the game and throw some notes out there:

- I'm gravitating to your fits without hats, so would love to see more without them or at least with different ones. The fitted caps, especially backwards, just kind of kill the fashionable elements of the clothing. I know you said you're going for an athletic vibe, but those are just extra "bro-y." Fits 2 & 3 would look great with the JE washed black ball cap, for example. The Moncler beanie feels a little dated too. Grab some shorter knit caps with a cuff in solid colors, they are everywhere right now, for as little as $15 a pop from Gap or Urban Outfitters or you can spend $100 on some wool ones from Howlin' or JE or Cableami or Acne or whoever else.

- You've got some more directional/Gorp-ier pieces like the Miramar cargos and Himalyan cargos that pair well with the Ramones, so I'd like to see some of those items worn with something a little funkier or more tech-y. I think you would kill something like a Rick Owens Hustler hoodie, and then to keep it JE, I could really see any one of the Parachute jacket iterations blending with your style as well.
Dude thank you! I copped the rick hoodie good call! Also no JE black hat available. Would navy work with those fits? Will keep an eye out on grailed for parachute. Sold my olive one a couple years ago because it was just not warm enough.

Boombats

Reaction score
Ok guys so I understand the board is providing feedback on fits. I’d like to post a few and ask the expert members here to tell me what works and what doesn’t. One fit per day is what I will provide you. You, in turn, will cast a critical eye and help me refine my style as Michelangelo chiseled marble to reveal the glory beneath.

By way of introduction, I practice Muy Thai and slam poetry. My personal ethos is to Always Assume Positive Intent until their jaw is begging for my fist. Also I like to play with textures and layering.

Fit #1 (of 76)

Indochino Jetsetter
JE boxer briefs
JE slubs

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics