• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm sending a few codes to those who didn't receive them, when this goes live. If you guys want to message me please try to use the message / mail function and not the chat...I don't know if this works for some of you but it's really bad on my iPhone and even my browser. Thanks! I do have a few more if anyone needs them.

vaeMD

Reaction score
They are somewhat lighter...even as someone who has been with the brand since the very beginning, this is hard for me to compare, I don't have an original pair on me. Impressive your question is a pair from ~2014 compared to '21. Coast in Cast 2 is definitely the closest of what we sell to your OG though.

thank you! will give them a try then.

OG coasts were my first JE purchase. i remember coming out of residency and getting my first "real" paycheck and deciding to splurge. rest is history.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
thank you! will give them a try then.

OG coasts were my first JE purchase. i remember coming out of residency and getting my first "real" paycheck and deciding to splurge. rest is history.

That's awesome, love that.

PDL24DCP

Reaction score
I also have a pair of original cast 1 coasts that are too straight fit for me (took me long enough to get used to cast 2 fit and I’m not going back lol) if anyone is interested still have tags and everything

aJEfan

Reaction score
Can someone with the Coast 2 and Vintage Springs comment on the differences in wash/fit? I love my Coasts and contemplating copping the Vintage Springs

unlearn

Reaction score
Can someone with the Coast 2 and Vintage Springs comment on the differences in wash/fit? I love my Coasts and contemplating copping the Vintage Springs
Springs are "dirty". They were the first cast 2 I owned and I took them to get dry cleaned and they removed the "dirt" and basically became coast 2s so I chopped them into jorts.

aJEfan

Reaction score
Springs are "dirty". They were the first cast 2 I owned and I took them to get dry cleaned and they removed the "dirt" and basically became coast 2s so I chopped them into jorts.

The dirt/distressing wasn't baked in? I wash my Cast 2s so this could also happen to me

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the sizing on the Iodine's? Should I go with my usual Cast 2 size?
Go with your usual Cast 2 size. Much like any of the Cast 2 that are from an indigo base it’ll fit tighter initially. You don’t feel the 2% stretch like the other Cast 2’s. They’ll still stretch out in the waist eventually though so still account for that.

unlearn

Reaction score
The dirt/distressing wasn't baked in? I wash my Cast 2s so this could also happen to me
If you dry clean them just specify that they are supposed to be rusty so they dont remove what makes them unique. That was a costly mistake on my part.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Civil_style